Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Bulk harvest does not RNG roll for each plant havested

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by monkeysmack, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

9/26/2017 6:23 PM
    Title: Bulk harvest does not RNG roll for each plant havested
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: An RNG roll is done only once for all the plants harvested using bulk harvesting. If I harvest 10 cotton plants and the yield roll is 9 raw cotton, they will all give 9 raw cotton. There should be an independent RNG roll per plant.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8) System RAM: 8139
    GPU: Radeon (TM) HD 6490M GPU RAM: 1008
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.556.Date.09.26.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (-217.7, 75.6, 271.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KC0yMTcuNjkxLCA3NS41NjUsIDI3MS44Myl8KDAsIC0wLjY5NywgMCwgMC43MTcpfDI3MS41NTkzfDcwfDguOTE0MjY3

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Also does not independently RNG roll for seed dropping. If the result is SEED, then all 10 plants harvested will drop a seed. Statistically, this lowers the probability of getting low probability events compared to harvesting each plant individually. Thus, bulk havesting will lower the chance of getting seeds. I can provide the statistical reason why this is so on request. It has to do with the number of samples on a binomial distribution for edge probabilities.

Spoon likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Good points all around.
    Bug: 51176. Thank you.
    @monkeysmack

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Lexie, I'm tempted to go one step further and say that all events related to batching are based on just the event. I did a rough calculation on skill gains and noticed that the skill gained (as shown by the amount of skill pulled from the xp pool) and noticed that whether you watered or harvested one plant or multiple plants, the skill gain was identical. (ie. watering one plant pulled the same amount of skill as watering 2 or more plants; slightly adjusted for skill gain you could see a bit more xp pulled but not 2, 3, or 4 times the gain if you watered 2, 3, or 4 plants respectively.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.