Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Can not hire the boat in Harvest

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Broke, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broke

Broke Avatar

I tried a bunch of combinations of answers but when the boat man asks if your ready to go and asks for you to say yes or no then nothing happens :( Although I have taken the free boat to Estgard it is still showing on my tasks to hire a boat

Specs:
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case
    ASRock X370 Taichi AM4 AMD Promontory X370 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD RYZEN 7 1800X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) Overclocked to 4.1Ghz
    2 x ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme, ZT-P10800B-10P, 8GB GDDR5X
    32GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 Model F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
    Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound
    AS5-3.5G Corsair Hydro Series H110i Liquid CPU Cooler Cooling. 280mm CW-9060026-WW
    SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 (SSD) MZ-V6E250BW
    Intel 730 Series 2.5" 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDSC2BP480G4R5
    2 x SanDisk Extreme Pro SDSSDXPS 960GB 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    2x SanDisk Extreme II SDSSDXPS 480GN 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    3x Seagate Archive HDD v2 ST8000AS0002 8TB 5900 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
    Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W ATX 12V V2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM
    Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Card
    3x LG 4k LG 27UD68P-B 27" FreeSync IPS LED Monitor's 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 16:9 Widescreen 5ms (GTG)
    LG BH16NS40 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter

2. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Same here. I still have "Leave Highvale" in my list too.

3. Sir Lanzelot

Sir Lanzelot Avatar

This ferryman in Harvest also tell me that I need something "yellow" before he give me a passage to Norgard.
    The Taylor in Estgard (Market), who named himself "King Yellow", does not sell anything yellow ;-((
    Don`t know what this ferrymaster mean with "yellow". just any piece with yellow colour?

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

So far, although they really thought this was fixed, just take the free boat :)

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We have this already submitted under bug #44640. Thank you.

6. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Is there a way for the game to warn players that this story arc is unable to complete now, and that we shouldn't start it until its ready? I wanted to do this mission from start to finish, but that's apparently been impossible for almost a month now. I could have spent my limited game time doing something more useful than have more incomplete missions clogging up my Journal.

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

You can complete it you just get stuck with that task :) if you get the boat to harvest anyway, and continue, all is well

8. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Yes, I went to Estgard the traditional way, but had no information as to who to see or what to do. I looked it up on the Internet and found out who I needed to talk to. I did this, and got nowhere. Again, from the Internet I knew this NPC was supposed to send me to Valhold, so I said "Valhold" to the NPC. He confirmed I should go there, but I till got no Journal entries and no further information from him as to where to report in Valhold or who to see. To me, that doesn't qualify as "continuing the story". That's simply "reading the story online" and following in its footsteps like a tourist.

The entire problem I ran into was this: The ferryman in Harvest was ready to take me to Estgard, and asked if I was ready to go, but was unable to understand a simple "Yes" from me (or any other affirmative response to his question). How does that get missed in a final mission "polish"?

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Oh i went to the dock and followed on as if I arrived from there, it all seemed to work out, yeah the ferry man is a grump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.