Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Cannot target party member after targetting enemy

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Net, Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

7/9/2017 10:50 PM
    Title: Cannot target party member after targetting enemy
    Reproduction Rate: very high
    Blocker? No
    Details:When I target party member, then enemy (e.g. dragon) I cannot use F1-F8 keys to target party members because I always see the enemy as my target, have to cancel focus with Esc till I can see my targetted party member.
    Steps to Reproduce: Target party member, target enemy, Hit F2
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 32712
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.629.Date.07.07.17
    Area: Novia_R4_Desert01_01
    Area Display Name: Southern Grunvald Barrens
    Loc: (-83.3, 169.7, -186.0)

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Does the blue cursor next to their name go away then if you target the mob or is the blue still next to their name on the party list?

3. Net

Net Avatar

The blue target is away when I target mob, when I retarget party member the tiny blue reticle appears, but I see stats of mob instead of my real target and in big party it is super hard to see who is targetted and does not work at all for summons.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

ok im wishing I had an easier group option right now....

ok so you dont see the blue thing next to their name in the group? like Merlyn here does on Era?
    [​IMG]

5. Net

Net Avatar

I see the blue thing, but my target is dragon. which is mightily annoying because the blue target is very hard to focus on when I need to move around.
    [​IMG]

What I want to see is this:
    [​IMG]

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

First thing I would do is reset all keybindings and controls, norm and alt. You will have to go back and change everything back to the way you want it, but I've found this can be really helpful in narrowing down a problem.
    Another thing is range. Notice how far away you are from the target when re-select them after you have selected the dragon. Check for any possible line of sight issues with the terrain. I'm curious to know if a few little weeds may be getting in the way here (shouldn't be, but this may be the key in finding a repro case.) Also look to see if this happens more when you are on standing on rocks nearby as pictured here.
    Another factor that may be coming in here is de-sync. I've noticed the dragon has been a little funky as of late and I think it could be related to another issue. You may be targeting them, but I wonder if it is a minor delay. The key here seems to be you are also selecting the dragon at times.

Something does feel off here but I'd like to get as much info as I can before submitting a bug ticket as it will increase our chances of seeing this for ourselves.

7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I was finally able to repro this @Net
    It doesn't seem to have a 100% repro but I do recall when this same problem was more apparent.
    Bug #: 48340.

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.