Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Castle Wall Placement Blockers?

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Retlaw, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

2/12/2017 1:19 PM
    Title: Castle Wall Placement Blockers?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Kinda
    Details: I tried to move my castle walls to a different part of the same clearing. I've had them in various locations before without issue. Now however they go 'red' before being able to butt up against each other. Also there are a lot of places they just can't go now. Not sure if terrain is the issue or I kinda feel like it is the trees that are auto-cleared somehow still get registered to block.
    Steps to Reproduce: Move some castle walls around and see. Stone corner tower wall seem biggest issue.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16349
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4059
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.453.Date.02.10.17
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Mount Nylorac
    Area Display Name: Mount Nylorac
    Loc: (45.3, 78.0, 0.3)

2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Retlaw - I have had some similar issues a few times. Part of it was trees that were farther away from the castle wall, but whose branches still clipped into the space reserved for the wall (even though they did not visible clash). You might try using paving stones to remove nearby trees, place the wall, then remove the paving stones. Also - I found that different zoom levels would also sometimes cause issues where I could not get the wall pieces to touch before they went red and blocked placement. Lastly - I found that I had the best luck by standing on a previously placed wall and looking down when I placed the next piece. Hope some of the tips help... Either way: Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

Retlaw likes this.
  3. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

@Tazar - Thanks for the reply, I agree with everything you said and have tried most of that. I dd leave the structure up so anyone who looks into this can see the gaps and maybe determine why they can't close.

Tazar likes this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted: 41317

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.