Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Chillblains - One party member got trapped outside of room, had to relog/world map

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

8/17/2017 11:08 PM
    Title: Chillblains - One party member got trapped outside of room, had to relog/world map
    Reproduction Rate:Once
    Blocker?Yes
    Details:Going through Chillblains and one of the guys was trapped outside of the room with the (first?) skeleton throne. The door closed and we were fighting before he made it into the room (so it started incorrectly with out him.) Then he couldn't run back, so he had to use /stuck command. If you can check logs, it's allspice theelusive.

4 player party

Steps to Reproduce:Try to activate the bone throne room with less than all players in it, see if it gets someone stuck outside.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32603
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8076
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.645.Date.08.03.17

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Vladamir Begemot
    Was he in the party and in the scene by the time the Chillblains began? So for some reason the next round started with one person off the point?
    I only ask because it may be vital for us to repro it. Thank you.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes to all three.

I didn't see him in the room before it started, and he told me he didn't make it into the room and then leave, he was just a bit behind us and the door closed in front of him.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just did it again, same room, 5 person party. 4 people caused the door to close, locking me out this time (on purpose, just to test.)

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted: 50179

Thanks for reporting.

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm looking into this issue and I wanted to check on some facts with Vladamir.

Let me restate what seems to be the order of events was this: Most of your group went into the room, but one player was not yet in the room, and someone walked into the middle of the circle of torches which "activated" the room, locking out the player not yet in the room. This all sounds like everything's working correctly to me--as soon as one person to walk into the circle of torches, the room becomes active.

I think your expectation is that the room should only activate only when all members of your group were in the room. Am I write? I think this may be an "as designed although not as expected" situation but maybe I'm missing something and I want to be sure.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Every room in the dungeon except this one waits until all players are in the torches to activate. We regularly are standing in the circle in other rooms, with one person running a bit behind, and saying "Hey get in the circle lets get started!"

And in this particular room, it still doesn't activate with just one person I believe, it seems like it needs everybody - 1.

(You'd have a lot of locked out people across the entire dungeon if rooms activated when just one person got in the middle of the torches.)

8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I checked with one of the programmers and he looked through the code for this dungeon. He said you're more right that I am. (Curses! Heads must roll!) He found that this dungeon tries to track how many players are "nearby" but it does so in an awkward way and does an especially terrible job when tracking players that enter and leave the tracking area. This means sometimes is correctly tracks a party that never got separated, while other times is doesn't care how many players are around and just "starts the show" when only one player enters the circle of torches. The programmer said the system used by this dungeon needs an overhaul, but maybe the better thing to do at this point is switch the whole thing to one of our better systems that uses our current standards. Anyway, I'm going to try to fix the room that you had a problem with, but it's possible we can't do anything for the time being.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.