1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Disable all Lua Add-Ons by using '/lua unload' in local chat or temporarily move all files/folders out of the SotA Lua folder then restart the game.
      Ensure the issue still occurs before submitting a bug; Support staff will not debug Add-On issues
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Constant Crash

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Boris Mondragon, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Inside Highvale cave, keep getting Crash report folder "2016-11-17_174426". Try to re-log and keep getting same crash within 10 seconds of starting the scene. Screen goes black.

Bom likes this.
  2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Thanks @Boris Mondragon, there are a handful of similar reports in this section. Did you try
    Or on steam:

Bom likes this.
  3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thanks, trying to find the folder to make the changes without any luck

4. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

If you're trying the first solution on Windows (for future reference, it helps to include your system specs in the report, type /bug in-game in the chat window to get handy information on the clipboard to paste into your bug report):
    Try right-clicking on the icon (the one you use to start the game ) and select "Open File Location"

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Was able to fix it in the steam folder, working so far, thanks for the help.

6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Well that fix via steam lasted a bit but now it has started again upon entering Kingspost. I will try again tomorrow to see If a patch comes through to fix it for all of us having that issue.

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Avatar

If this issue is not resolved, please submit a your crash output_log.txt file to rromero@portalarium.com.

Thank you.

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Attenwood. I sent the email with the crash output_.log.txt file to the address you requested. Think I may have found the mistake on my behalf. Cannot find the file in SOTA folder yet did update it in Steam. It seems I did not include the - at the beginning of "-force-d3d9". Once I included the dash in the beginning of that force sentence it has worked. I will let you know if it acts up again and my sincere thanks for your assistance. As of right now it seems RESOLVED. R/Boris

Attenwood and Balec Fares deCani like this.
  9. Attenwood

Attenwood Avatar

That would do it.