Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] containers dump all contents into inventory

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Mishikal, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

If you walk away from a container that is placed as decoration without closing it with the "X" button, it will dump its entire contents into your inventory once you get far enough away.

An alternative way to trigger this bug is to open a different container that has been placed at decoration at the same time as you have the other one open. The old one will dump everything into your inventory as the new one opens.

Kelly O'Shay likes this.
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Mishikal, Thank you for reporting. This issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Discovered a new one... if you accidentally hit the "E" button while you have a container open, you'll pick up *everything* because the "take all" icon is automatically selected. As opposed to picking up what you actually have highlighted.

4. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Mishikal, Thanks for the additional information. It has been added to the original report to the Development Team.

5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Mishikal Hmmm... Were you hitting "E" in the first report? I wasn't able to reproduce this.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I believe I may have been hitting "E" to open the other container (which was highlighted by my mouse cursor), which worked in R37

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It basically happens anytime you try to do something else with a container open. For example, if you have a container near a crafting table, and you have your cursor highlighting the crafting table and you hit "E". The expectation (and how it worked prior to R38), was that the crafting table interface would open. Instead, you now get the entire inventory contents of the container dumped into your bags. Which is really frustrating. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.