Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Crooked Shank - Search For Elven Key

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Holy_Shiv, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy_Shiv

Holy_Shiv Avatar

3/29/2018 8:03 PM
    Title: Crooked Shank - Search for Elven Key
    Reproduction Rate: Cant now, its stuck.
    Blocker? Yes, blocks completion of quest
    Details: At the beginning of this scenario, I found the mayor's key, but went in his house first. Searched around, went upstairs, found a cell door open, walked in and looted a key from the corpse (who doesnt loot stuff before all else?). This apparently set in motion the entire failure. I then talked to the living elf prisoner, who told me to find a key to open the cell that i was already in. so i found a key, but then had to close the cell, then open it. never unlocked since it was already unlocked. then he told me to find the elf key which i already had. so i deleted it and looted it again, and no update. logged out, back in. left zone, came back in. nothing, no update. so i just moved forward with the quest and found the cave which he also gave me the update for since i already had the elven key. still no elven key update though, which is still stuck in my journal. so i cleared the cave. the kids gave no update. nothing happened in the cave at all. so i went back to the mayor just to give him his damn key to see if the quest would ever end. Well, the mayor died cause apparently i was in combat when i double clicked him to talk. whoops....... and then i just killed everyone in town cause the quest never ended and no updates. so i just gave up and left. now this damn journal entry is still haunting me. "Search For Elven Key"....It wont leave me alone. and i cant delete it. please tell me what to do.
    Steps to Reproduce: No, im not going back.I dont know how to reproduce it, and i dont want to know....
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 65432
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11132
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.755.Date.03.29.18
    Area: Novia_R8_City_Vertas
    Area Display Name: Vertas
    Loc: (-95.3, 35.0, 0.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfQ2l0eV9WZXJ0YXN8fCgtOTUuMzQxLCAzNS4wNSwgMC40NjIpfCgwLCAtMC4yMjMsIDAsIDAuOTc1KXwzMjcuMTAzOHwyMi40NDc1fDkuNzE1MTEz

Lebu and FrumpyWallflower like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! I'll look into updating that quest.

3. FrumpyWallflower

FrumpyWallflower Avatar

Very similar experience:
    Found mayor key,
    Found prisoner elf "Cornelia" in mayor's house,
    Found prison key in mayor's house,
    Opened Cornelia's cage,
    Spoke with Cornelia to discover humans killed elves/razed old town,
    Took elven tunnel key from dead prisoner,
    Entered tunnel and attacked by KoS elves which I then killed (I didn't want to; they are obviously innocents),
    Spoke with elf children (I did not accidentally kill any) who also told me about humans killing elves,
    Went back to Cornelia; nothing,
    Gave key back to mayor,
    Told mayor about children (who implied he was going to kill them),
    Told mayor about elf prisoner,
    Told mayer I wouldn't lie about the prisoner,
    Mayor attacks me and I kill mayor.

Now when I talk to any human NPC in Crooked Shank they say something like "It's the criminal!" and attack me.
    The adult elves in the tunnel are still all KoS. The children still talk to me, but have the same dialogue options they did the first time I met them.

Also of note; "Search for Elven Key" is still in my task list.

Mishras and Lebu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.