Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Default Resolution

Discussion in 'Release 42 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Tazar, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

1. Title: Default Resolution
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Upon starting the game, it seems to default to the maximum possible screen resolution (for me - 4096 x 2160). Since I have my computer set at (3840x2160), this puts part of the game window off-screen on the 2nd monitor. Even though I have reset the resolution in the game's video options, upon reload it defaults to the larger setting.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: In Windows, select a smaller resolution. Load the game, set the resolution in game to match. Exit the game and reload the game and the resolution will be reset to the original one.
    6. User Specs:

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Are you using full screen or a specific resolution you have selected from the drop down (to match the resolution you use in Windows.) Can you take a screenshot of that option screen for us real quick?
    Thank you! @Tazar

3. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@Tazar Did you launch SotA in borderless fullscreen mode on?

4. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Mischievous Dragon - No - I am not in borderless fullscreen mode.

@Lexie - When I load the game it looks correct on the "Click Play" screen and the "Entering Construction Zone" screen. Both properly fit the resolution selected in Windows. The next few screens (play online, offline and log-in screen) also look correct. I am logging in through Steam. The click "Resume or Start on Overland" screen and the scene loading screen also look correct.

5. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Mischievous Dragon @Lexie - Scratch all that - forgot I was not in Q&A.

Borderless Window Mode is checked. As soon as I hit *Launch Game* on the patcher/launcher screen, the next screen is too large for my monitor - this is not the "Play" screen - but the black screen between the launcher and play screen when stuff starts loading. The Play screen, Entering Construction Zone screen and Play Online/Offline screen, Log-in screens are sized right. The next screen, Resume/Start on world map is oversized as is the scene loading screen after I click Resume. Once in game, the options icon, Help, Bug Report and Add-on Store icons are all on the 2nd monitor.

When I open the Options Menu, and go to the video tab, the "Resolution setting" has defaulted back to 4096 x 2160 option rather than the 3840 x 2160 option that I set each time I log in.

Sorry Lexie - but I have no way to host screenshots. I've had bad issues with the free hosting type sites in the past that let a lot of info get out that should never have so I will not use them. I guess I can e-mail you a pic if that helps.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It's okay, the additional details will help with the investigation
    Bug # is: 46324 @Tazar
    I forgot to ask what version of Windows you are on?

7. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Lexie - Windows 10-Pro. It does it on the desktop and the laptop both of which have cross-fired NVidia GeForce 1080's if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.