Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known-destination balloons / caravans / boats bug out after first use, become unusable after second

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Rosemourne, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

12/5/2017 9:29 PM
    Title: Multi-destination balloons / caravans / boats bug out after first use, become unusable after second
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? Kinda, but not really. Reloading fixes it.
    Details: When you choose a destination from a blue or orange sailed / fabric'd caravan or boat you will end up getting the same menu again, but with the default location of your target listed. If you leave this menu and return, the caravan or boat will not be reusable until you zone back in.
    Steps to Reproduce:Use a caravan, boat, or hot air balloon with multiple choices. Choose one, then back out.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32698
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.595.Date.12.03.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (-8.6, 24.9, -107.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KC04LjU4NSwgMjQuODYxLCAtMTA3LjMzNCl8KDAsIC0wLjQzOCwgMCwgMC44OTkpfDMwOC4xNTcyfDI5LjE2MjI4fDE4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Would you be able to provide further detail of the issue you're observing? At the exact boat shown in your screenshot, I selected Verat Chaos, which then provided the option to access Town Boundary 1 (Default), which worked as expected when chosen. I attempted backing out of this window at different points and could not get it into a broken state. Would you be able to clarify the steps you use to make these teleporters nonfunctional?

Thank you.

3. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

@Attenwood I've tested it with more teleporters now. I've learned that clicking on the destination "expands" that destination while listing the others. That system is so unnatural feeling that I thought it was a bug. However, if you "expand" the areas you can go to when you try to visit a location, but exit before choosing a spot to teleport into, that teleporter breaks. For example, choosing Verat Chaos at the boat, but closing the window before choosing Town Boundry 1 will not allow that boat to be used again.

4. Attenwood

I haven't experienced this. After expanding Verat Chaos and having Town Boundary 1 selected, then closing out of the window without selecting anything... I was still able to use the boat again to continue with my choice and selection.

Would you be able to retest? If you're still experiencing this specific case, we're interested in understanding why it's happening for you.

5. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I just restarted my client. If you're on the QA server now I'm happy to run through the steps with you and maybe test things more. My name in game is Aidenolm Rosemourne

6. Attenwood

Unfortunately already testing a newer version that won't allow me to connect with you until later this morning.

7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 53757 has been created for the Town Boundry 1 (Default) popping up at the bottom of the locations. It isn't expanding correctly.
    But we're still unable to repro it becoming completely unusable after backing out of an option, I'm afraid.
    @Rosemourne

8. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Lexie and BurningToad like this.
  9. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The other issue (default spawn point showing up in a second selection) will be fixed next build.

Rosemourne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.