Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Eastmarch town crier says he gave me mail to deliver, but it is not in my backpack

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Kelly O'Shay, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

11/18/2016 3:25 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12213
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.507.Date.11.17.16
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Eastmarch
    Area Display Name: Eastmarch
    Loc: (26.6, 38.0, 150.8)

My alt char Kit Murphy would like to suppliment her gold with the mail quests. But, the town criers seem determined to lie, cheat and steal from her.
    She asked the Central Brittany town crier for mail, but he said she had lost it. But, When she asked him to reset her mail flag he accepted. Then he gave her mail for Eastmarch.
    She had to die twice going through vauban pass so it was not really worth it. But, she was determined to deliver the mail, so she went on and delivered it to Eastmarch.
    The eastmarch town crier gave her mail to deliver to Port Graff. Or, at least, he said he gave her mail. After he said he gave her mail, there was no mail package for Port Graff in her backpack.

Why do these town criers lie, cheat and steal so much? Are they drunken thieves, or just have a wicked sense of humor?

[11/18/2016 1:39:41 AM] Eastmarch Town Crier: (to you) Thank you for the mail delivery, friend! Here's your reward for a job well done. Just ask if you'd like to deliver more mail.
    [11/18/2016 1:39:42 AM] You receive 200 gold!
    [11/18/2016 1:40:53 AM] Kit Murphy: (to Eastmarch Town Crier) mail
    [11/18/2016 1:40:55 AM] Eastmarch Town Crier: (to you) Would you like to deliver local mail to a town nearby or to a neighboring region for more reward?
    [11/18/2016 1:41:04 AM] Kit Murphy: (to Eastmarch Town Crier) local
    [11/18/2016 1:41:05 AM] Eastmarch Town Crier: (to you) Here you go! Just give this to the town crier in Port Graff and you will be rewarded for your trouble! Don't give this mail away to a friend or sell it, or you won't be trusted with any more mail!

Here is the eastmarch town crier telling me that I have lost the mail. But, he never gave me any mail.
    [​IMG]

2. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

@Kelly O\'Shay

Oh, no! I hope the mail delivery glitches are not back. I think they had fixed this by the middle of R35, I hope nothing new 'broke' it. You're right - they need to start fighting the corruption of these town criers who are obviously running a racket!

Bug submitted. Thank you very much for reporting.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Known issue. We're working on fixing the issue with various quests, including mail quests.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  4. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

The crier in Kings Port said I was to deliver mail to Brittany Estates but no mail was given. I decided to go there and see what would happen. I was given 100 gold with the normal conversation you get if it is a first time visit to a crier (which it was't). I went back to Kings Port and was told I had mail to deliver still.

5. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I have continued to test this. After the failure above I was able to reset my mail and test the mail quests more.
    I have been testing for almost two weeks and they are working correctly now.

There was a problem when I went to deliver mail to Estgard. The guard would not let me in. I researched this on the forums and found that I needed to resume the path of courage quest line to get into Estgard. I did this by going to Highvale and getting the key and amulet. Then I went to Resolute and chatted Bridget. After that I was able to get into Estgard and deliver the mail there.

I will continue to test the mail quest line. It seems to be working correctly now.

@Nhili Dragon - I did not have the opportunity to test Kingsport. It was not in the many mail quests I have tested over the last two weeks.

Thank you @Attenwood and @Lum the Mad for your input on this mail quest bug over the past couple of months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.