Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Exiting an NPC town that has become sieged - UI bug

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Echondas, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

When going to exit a town that is under siege, the player is prompted if they want to leave the town or not .. that window has an "OK" option to dismiss it, but no "Cancel" option -- however, it seems that window requires no intervention at all - what is required, is simply proceeding or turning around?

This dialog box persists into the loading screen, as well as into the siege itself, if you do not click "OK"

The dialog also pops up if you enter the siege and then turn around and go back into the town - (3rd screenshot) -- you can also see that annoying bug where scenes load and the screen starts out with the partial view and you need to fumble around to figure out which direction to go in to see anything.

--
    I would think the window should pop up at the last minute before exiting the scene - OK would then cause the scene change, and the missing "Cancel" option - would abort the scene change.

If left in its present form - this dialog box should function like the "A fierce battle blocks the road..." - prior to leaving the town.. giving the player a chance to turn around if they want to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Wintermute of CoF and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I saw the same issue upon leaving Etceter just now. When entering Etceter, even though there were catapults on the overworld map, I did not go through a siege scene. After dismissing the dialogue I was told the siege was over in a white text pop up. The dialogue worked as expected when I entered a different siege earlier, that siege was still active.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Thanks for the report. I've submitted a JIRA ticket on this: 45168. We're investigating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.