Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] floor in serpents spine mines

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by kells550, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kells550

kells550 Avatar

so. bottom level of serpent spine mine (where you fall down, down, all the way down, and has an ankh at the bottom and has the activatable water falls) in the north west corner. has an exploding barrel. when triggered. traps you in the wall. when you manage to get out of it by moving and jumping, you fall through the floor and die, you do not gain safe fall, you do not get the ability to resurrect because the ankh and the rest of the zone is 200 feet above you.

repeatable. probably. I have no desire to lose more xp and wait out rez timers to appear back at the top of the zone. the problem is that the hole left by the barrel is to small (once in the made by the explosion, you have no way out). if it helps, there was water in the chamber.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm sorry for the bad experience. Do you by chance happen to remember roughly where you were standing when you were facing the barrel, and maybe how close? Finding that special sauce of where you were standing I think is going to be key factor here in finding reproduction rate.
    @kells550

3. armory

armory Avatar

I think I got this bug with the barrel. I hit the barrel with the sword (standing right in front of it) and got blown into the wall. I tried to get out, but it looks like this is a job for /stuck.

6/19/2017 7:43 PM
    Title: Blowing up Barrel in Serpent's Spine Mines traps player in the rock wall
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Stand in front of the barrel and hit it with a sword. It seems to trap the user in the rock wall that the barrel is lodged in.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16273
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 1964
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.614.Date.05.30.17
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMines
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Spine Mines
    Loc: (-16.2, 0.0, -59.0)

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Thank you @armory . Submitted: 47167.

5. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

I'm having some difficulty reproducing this. Just a quick question @kells550 . When you say "in front" do you mean in between the barrel and the rock wall that becomes a rock slide, or in front of both? Are getting stuck inside the rock slide itself, or being thrown into an adjacent wall?

6. kells550

kells550 Avatar

I'll go down and see if I can't replicate it with screen shots.
    this will be at least 6 deaths :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.