Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Ghosts, Slimes, Earth Elementals Immune to Fire and Moon Magic

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Magos, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magos

Magos Avatar

4/19/2018 12:04 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 16312
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.664.Date.04.17.18
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_EtceterCragMines/Mines01
    Area Display Name: Etceter Crag Mines
    Loc: (55.7, -9.9, 121.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV9FdGNldGVyQ3JhZ01pbmVzfE1pbmVzMDF8KDU1LjY2OSwgLTkuOTA1LCAxMjEuODgxKXwoMCwgMC45ODgsIDAsIC0wLjE1Mil8MTk3LjUzNzN8MTguOTk0MDV8OC43MzY3NTE=

Ghosts are immune to Fire and Moon Magic, taking no damage from any Fire glyphs or from Meteorstorm (char is adv lvl 81 with 150 Fire Attunement). They are taking what appears to be 50% damage from Sun, Earth and Life magic and full damage from melee. Checked ghosts in Spectral Mines and Etceter Mines and both have the same issue.

This is also true of Slimes in Etceter Mine and Slimes and Earth Elementals in Midmaer Passage.

This is not affecting Undead and Humanoid mobs in the same places.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i believe this is intended. ghosts specfically are infamous for being immune to most magic. might need to check the slimes and elementals, though, i'm not familiar with what their normal resistances are.

3. Magos

Magos Avatar

It's a significant change to release 52 and I may have missed it but I don't see it in the notes for R53.

If it is an intended change I'd suggest doing another balance pass and considering how much life leech the ghosts have because they are flat out OP with these immunities. It also makes the mob placement, density, respawn rate and aggro range in the first floor of Etceter Crrag Mines extremely questionable.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, this is a big behavior change from R53. Great catch. It is almost as if all magic types are being calculated as if you are using the same magic they are highly resistant to - which was introduced in R36. Earth elements for example do have a high resistance to earth. But it didn't apply to all form of magic.

I have submitted for review: bug #58065

Magos and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.