Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Gustball Unplayable

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Acaelus Fireharp, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

After recently purchasing the Ornate Gustball court for my PVP flagged POT and arranging an event with @Minerva , it quickly because apparent that our PVP version of gustball (Murder Ball) was not going to be playable due to the gustball now having 12 health. In fact, the gustball lasted about 0.75 seconds in the first match.

I realize that my PVP version of gustball is a "little harder on the ball" but even in a non combat game, the ball is going to be struck on accident by players who enable auto attack in order to allow them to use the right mouse button to move their camera. @Gurney2 hit the gustball two or three times with a mere wand equipped and it was at half health.

I realize these changes were made because some players were exploiting the gustball in control points but the current fix needs a major rethink. Here are some potential alternative fixes:

1. Make the gustball a deco item preventing it from being placed outside a POT or lot then make it invulnerable again.

2. Make the gustball only place-able on a gustball field and make it invulnerable again.

3. Modify the gustball court recipes / add-on items so they come with an invulnerable gustball that cannot be removed from the field

4. Give it at least as much health as an elite skeleton warrior, (around 1400) that way it should still be useless to exploiters but would be usable for its intended purpose and should even be able to survive a round of murder ball.

Gurney2 likes this.
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I will submit this for review, @Acaelus Fireharp. The mechanic is working "as intended" for now, but this seems problematic, so I will submit it to the team :D

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted: 38747

Thank you so much for reporting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.