Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] HP display

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Solazur, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

OMG this is annoying. It seems with 659 we now have our HP displayed directly in the center of the screen.

I mean seriously? who thinks this up? The only way to turn it off from what I can see is to turn off "show health and focus stats" which also turns them off in the health/focus bars in the upper left.

I would venture to say I am not the only one that likes to see those numbers.. but now the only way to avoid the distraction right in the middle of my farkin screen is to turn them all off.

I can only imagine this is some hand hold thing for new players since we have a new trial starting tomorrow and.. idk..maybe somebody thinks people won't notice the low HP thing which is on by default that makes the whole screen go red.

idk who's department this is so I'll tag @Chris and @Attenwood

Please give us a way to turn off the center numbers W/O also turning off the stats in the upper left..

S M H

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Rentier likes this.
  2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

*shrugs*

the hp thing doesn't bother me at all

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

I haven't seen it yet but it sounds horrible.

The issue I have with the option to display numbers for health and focus is that you gain extra information that you wouldn't necessarily get otherwise... like the relative strength of the enemy just by the amount of health/focus it has.

As for the text in the middle of the screen, maybe they thought people weren't noticing their health dropping in combat? o_O

4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Lexie per your request, here are some pics showing what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want the numbers displayed in the upper left as shown in the last image...which is something some people like to be able to see due to numerous things like buff etc causing those to change you have to check the box in the interface setting: "Show Health and Focus Stats". The issue is that with 659 it also causes the display to show constantly in the middle of the screen.. like right over the reticule. As this was never the case prior to 659 it suggest to me that we should have a switch to turn of the mid screen display. It's a lot like having a bug on your glasses.. annoying and distracting. Mind,, some people also like an actual health bar over their heads.. that's fine as we can opt out. So too with the red screen low HP indicator. Some people seem to like it..some don't. IMO (and I heard from others who also found it annoying) it's like an unasked for hand hold. Thanks

-sol

Lexie likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 50400
    Thanks for taking the time to speak to me today. I got everything we need on this now :D
    I can repro it if I mimic your interface set up.
    @Solazur

Solazur and Rentier like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't see this because I never have Show Player Health Bar checked.

Solazur likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It looks just like the numbers I'm seeing when I'm a ghost and there are mobs around that are not at full health. I think I have also seen them a few times over mobs at a distance when I'm still alive, they seem to be bright glowy spots until I get close enough to read them. So it's not just players that are getting those numbers. I'd post it as a bug but I haven't had time to check if someone already posted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.