Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Invisibility becomes unusable in undead zones

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Chrystoph Reis, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

1. Title: Invisibility becomes unusable in undead zones, even when not fighting or detected
    2. Reproduction Rate: 99% of the time
    3. Blocker? Yes.
    4. Details: This bug does not allow you to use heal skills like Cocoon of Night in undead zones, even when not in combat. Sometimes a party member will see you invisible when you are not.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Aggro something once.
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This sounds quite serious, but we're going to need more information to investigate this issue further. Based on the report, our team isn't certain what you mean by "unuseable" or how you get into this state. If you could provide a step-by-step reproduction case as well as elaborate upon the bug that you're seeing, we'd be happy to write this up for you.

Thank you for the initial report.

3. Blade Savage

Blade Savage Avatar

@Attenwood

I started this guy as a Rogue, with the intent of of using Poison, Daggers, and Stealth for PVP. This problem has existed since I started this character a month or two back, and appears to have gotten worse in the last 2 patches.
    If I go into an area like Deep Ravenswood or Crypt of the Avatar, I can maybe get one stealth out before it becomes unusable. I'm not sure if the trigger is because I was spotted once, or attacked. Others I have partied with have also confirmed this bug.

Use stealth, you drop out of it for whatever reason, and no stealth works again until you leave the zone. I thought it was just me, so I had other people test, and they confirmed. In areas with undead it appears to happen about 80% of the time.. In DRW it happens 100% of the time.

I can no longer use Any of the Stealth skills once it is broken. This includes Vanish, Silent Movement, Camoflauge, Sneak attack and Coocoon of Night.

4. Blade Savage

Blade Savage Avatar

I'll be getting on soon, and I can reproduce for you 100% of the time in DRW. Simply go Stealth when first entering the zone. Attack something undead... try to go stealth again without leaving the zone.

PS. FYI, this is Chrystoph Reis... my other account.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. Attenwood

When you say "can no longer use any of the Stealth skills", are the icons greyed out and completely unclickable? Or can you cast the spells, but they have no effect?

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

When I cast them they have no effect. Also, playing in Northern Grunvald I do not appear to have the problem... went back to DRW... same issue.

7. Attenwood

Submitted: 47519

Thanks!

8. Attenwood

We have a reproduction case, which seems to be that being within awareness range of undead corpses is preventing you from restealthing. if you loot those corpses, it should let you restealth.

9. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Looting doesn't help... unless there are bugged corpses underground I'm not seeing.

10. Attenwood

If you have multiple, it's possible. I've managed to reproduce this bug in a vacuum, so I'm fairly confident in the cause. Worst case, we fix an associated issue and further isolate additional fringe cases.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.