Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Iron wall light (crafted) - general placement issue.

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Ameresta Trilon, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

I have noticed a more general issue with Iron wall lights that doesn't seem to be specific to any particular house. When I place an iron wall lamp and then try to move it to a new spot on the wall it doesn't work. However, if I put the placed lamp back into my inventory I can then put the Iron Wall Lamp in a new spot on the wall. The houses I've tested on: Twin Spires (Home Sweet Home!!!), Lord Marshall Great Hall (the big fancy red one), Viking stronghold (village and town), Crafting Pavilion, 4-story elf row, viking Inn... and well maybe a few others. This is not new to R44 and was occurring after R43.

Pebbles likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

did you check if you toggled the "Click to drag decoration" with a hotkey to disabled ?
    - then you have this behaviour

Lexie likes this.
  3. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

Yes. I am able to reposition all other items without needing to put them back in my inventory to then replace in a new location. The iron wall light is the only one that I've found can not be repositioned without picking it up and putting it back in my inventory.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 49073, thank you

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Could you confirm if this issue is still occurring for you in latest, 639? We're not able to reproduce this internally, with the Ornate Iron Wall Light not struggling with placement at all.

6. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

Was only having issues with the newer crafted iron wall light. I'll play around later today and let you know. @Attenwood

7. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Attenwood
    I tried to place the crafted iron wall lamp in my Twin Spire home and then move it after placing it... I did not encounter the same issues I had previously experienced. I intended to try in other homes but I had to flee town because it was being attacked by a Cabalist or two. The Cabalist turned out to be a coward and ran from town to town so I chanced it and eventually lost sight of it near Etceter. As I was watching for the cowardly Cabalist to return I heard the earth calling me to release the shinies and after some time found myself nose to nose with a dragon. Long story short - I'll try placing the iron lamps in other homes later today. Hopefully I am not disturbed and can give you a better report of 'light placement' issue, yeah or nay.

8. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Hi, @Attenwood I am having the same issue with repositioning the Iron Wall Lamp as listed above in the new release.

When I first place the Iron Wall Lamp on the wall from my inventory, I can place as normal. If I want to reposition the Iron Wall Lamp after that point, it is always red. In order to change the location of the lamp, I need to place it back in my inventory or inside a chest or other container.

I can test on other homes, but in this case, the reposition bug is happening in a Village Wood & Plaster Inn in Dawn's Keep. My location info is below if you would like to see my scenario.

Area: Dawn's Keep (POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Dawn's Keep) Loc: (-39.3, 45.0, 138.8) DBG: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERhd24ncyBLZWVwfCgtMzkuMjc4LCA0NS4wMDcsIDEzOC43OTcpfCgwLCAwLjk5OSwgMCwgLTAuMDQ4KXwtMjY4MS43OTF8LTEuNTY3ODE4fDEuMjU=

9. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

I was working on decorating an Inn and this was occurring. Ironically in the same POT as pebbles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.