1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Memory Leek

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Zaphrel, Feb 22, 2018.

1. PaPaZaph

PaPaZaph Avatar

1. Title: Memory Leek
    2. Reproduction Rate: a few minutes to a few hours of consistent play
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details: I notice a significant memory leek with consistent play. I could be a few minutes to a few hours of play. It seems to have increased with R51. I have to close my game and client and clear my cache just to get it to go back down. I have a grand new system with 16gb of RAM.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: nearly every log-in.
    6. User Specs:
      Origin PC Neuron

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
      CPU Cooling: Asetek Frostbyte 120 liquid cooler
      Motherboard: MSI B350M Pro
      GPU: GTX 1060
      RAM: 16gb Hyperx DDR4 3000mhz
      PSU: EVGA 850wat Supernova G3

Caernarvon and Dhanas like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

3. PaPaZaph

PaPaZaph Avatar

Windows 10

4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

EDIT: Can confirm the steady up of RAM usage. So yes can confirm a mem leak.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen

This is being investigated.
    @Zaphrel

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

@Lexie @Zaphrel

Here a screenshot of memory usage for a morning playing:
    [​IMG]

Caernarvon and rpgmaniac82 like this.
  7. Adran Voq

Adran Voq Avatar

Same here, after an hour or more, performance drops for 40 % at least. When i press quit it takes few minutes to clear all the cached hard disk space and ram. In general computer needs to recover from closing SotA.
    I have Windows 7 x64, Intel i5 2.6 ghz, 8 gb ram, 240 ssd, Radeon 7950

8. PaPaZaph

PaPaZaph Avatar

@Feeyo Yeah I usually end up using like 8+ gigs of RAM while playing. It gets really bad when I end up at like 90% of my RAM.

9. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

I don't know if there have been any ninja fixes for this in the last day or two, but I have to say for me the game seems to be running much better as of the last 24 hours, whereas previously it's been a struggle since R51 dropped to get a decent few hours play session in because of memory leaks and performance issues. If there hasn't been any ninja fixes then I guess I might have just been lucky since yesterday.

Feeyo likes this.
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

haha - Ninja fixes. I have not really noticed the high RAM usage yesterday, but then again I was not online that long.
    Will monitor the usage these days.

Caernarvon likes this.
  11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

No client fixes since 743 last Thursday

12. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

After playing last weekend, it seems there is still a high ram usage that keeps going higher the longer I play.

13. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

AHA! I am not going insane!
    The memory leakage is a killer for me, and it starts with load time. After sitting around just waiting for local area to load, I dare NOT venture into another area! Forget combat...

I started really noticing the mem-leak around R12. It has kept me from really playing consistently. It usually takes about 20 minutes just to load into the game even with stripped-down graphics. Then wandering around I will let everything "load into memory" and the whole time I watch the creep on my RAM. When my fans all start whining, I basically get out of the game and have to reboot the system... all in all I get about 60 to 70 minutes "in game" with only about 40 minutes of playable time crafting (not gathering or hunting).

Now, I have not changed install of the game, but if we are all early adopters, perhaps we may want to uninstall and get a fresh install? I know when I was doing development on commerce packages, trashing old installs helped a lot.

So question, do old installs need to be trashed for a new/clean install? Or is there a known memory leak that will be patched and fixed sometime?

14. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen

I have also observed a memory leak but in order for me to see it, I have to be using the client for a long period of time. I do recommend closing the client and restarting it periodically if you tend to experience this - until the next release comes out.

The good news is we do have a memory leak fix coming for R52. :)

rpgmaniac82 likes this.