Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Meteor Shower Permanently Grounds Phoenix and Dragon

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Lao Tzu, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

5/30/2018 9:39 AM
    Title: Meteor Shower Permanently Grounds Phoenix and Dragon
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: Casting Meteor Shower will cause the phoenix and dragon to not fly and use their fire blast attacks. By repeatedly casting Meteor Shower, it is possible to ground the mob permanently. Combining with slowing effects (Ice Field and Ice Arrow) and haste bonuses (Sprint, Dash, Potion of Wolf Speed) allows a player to kill the mob without taking damage.
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast Meteor Shower on Phoenix and Dragon.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16314
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.QA.Win.64.694.Date.05.29.18
    Area: HiddenVale_Desert_Tier3
    Area Display Name: Wynton's Folly
    Loc: (-127.3, 168.7, -134.5)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9EZXNlcnRfVGllcjN8fCgtMTI3LjM0NCwgMTY4LjY5MiwgLTEzNC40OTIpfCgwLCAtMC41MSwgMCwgMC44Nil8LTYxLjA4MDYzfDEwLjk4MjgyfDcuNzI5OTk5

- Lao Tzu

Note: I reported this bug on the R53 Bug Forum and was recorded by @Lexie as Bug #59057. I didn't make a new video, but the behavior is still present in Patch 694. One possible solution would be to return to AoE effects such as Meteor Shower and Ice Field NOT affecting boss mobs such as dragons and phoenixes.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

what is wrong with meteor shower prohibiting flight? would you fly through it?

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Lao Tzu
    You've already reported this. No need to make a brand new report. :) It's not a new release bug. If you ever want an update on a bug you've reported you can send me a message. But most of the time you just need to wait for the patch notes...that is how most players know whether their bug is fixed or not. Right now we are working hard on identifying new big bugs for tomorrow's release on this short holiday week.

This can be a mixed bag. Yes, it can hinder their flight but some use their flight animations as a time they can recover somewhat. It's not a 100% damage free situation to simply use AOEs. You make a good point however and perhaps some middle ground (is needed. But ultimately it will be up to the developer on how it should ultimately work. Once the bug is closed, we'll know what the decision was.

Alley Oop and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.