Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Missing Health On Health Bar Bug

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Grimbone, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

5/4/2017 11:05 PM
    Title: Missing Health On Health Bar Bug
    Reproduction Rate: 100% - Timing matters tho!
    Blocker? no
    Details: See below.
    Steps to Reproduce: See below.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 8093
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 GPU RAM: 724
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.602.Date.05.03.17
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (43.9, 23.7, -97.6)

To start off, I put this in critical because I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle and I also know this bug has been floating around for a while now looking for some way for it to be reproduced. This bug can be reproduced using a single buff that increases your health but for testing purposes it is much faster to reproduce this bug using multiple buffs at once. This bug can also be reproduced without having to dismiss buffs. You could wait for the buff to expire but for testing it is faster to just dismiss the buff.

Steps to Reproduce:

Cast a buff that will increase your health. To reproduce this bug I used Strength of Earth, Shield of Crystal, and Inner Strength. Again, you could use a single buff if you desire but it is much faster reproduce to bug using the buffs I have listed.

IMPORTANT - From here the timing is tricky and key to reproduce this bug.

Once you have the buffs applied you will notice your Avatars health bar will be low and it will slowly begin to regenerate itself until your Avatars health bar gets back to full. Before your Avatars health regenerates back to full, cast Healing Grace on your Avatar. Healing Grace will now begin to tick your Avatars health back but before your Avatars health bar has a chance to regenerate back up to 100% you MUST right click on your Avatars buff icons and dismiss them all.

This is where timing is crucial. If the timing on the Healing Grace regeneration tick doesn't go off when you dismiss your Avatars buffs, you will just have to try again. Its all about timing to reproduce this bug. You will know when this bug occurs when you get a message in your chat window saying you have taken damage from Healing Grace. Once you see in your chat window that you have taken damage from Healing Grace, try to heal your Avatar up to 100%. You will not be able to heal to 100%.

The above actually causes 2 bugs to happen.

1. The health bar bug that is being reported.
    2. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/known-healing-grace-bug.87078/#post-796903

Couple last things. This can be fixed by zoning out of a scene or re-logging. Playing in a group I was told my health bar looked fine but on my screen I had the bug.

If you need anymore info just let me know.

*EDIT - I also notice the amount the health bar is missing depends on what the amount of health the buff gives you. Example, I get 110 health from Crystal Shield. If I reproduce this bug using the Crystal Shield buff my health bar is missing 110 health and cannot be healed back up to 100%. I get 43 health from Inner Strength. If I reproduce this bug using the Inner Strength buff my health bar is missing 43 health and cannot be healed back up to 100%.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

You are my hero, I came so close to getting this but I had boiled it down to something that gives health will leave you short by the x hp that hp buff gives you.. but, that also it involved one of 3 heals but I couldnt seem to nail it..

3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

4. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive posted 3-4 tickets on this going back to persistence. They have fixed it a few times but it always seems to come back after a release. They have even talked about the issues on a few telethons. Here is one video from last year:

I think we just need to make sure @Attenwood sees it. I notice when hes on it, stuff gets fixed right.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ooh! This looks VERY promising! Submitted to tech for review and resolution!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.