Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Missing labels/nameplates

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Hermetic, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I noticed while fighting some rogues and swashbuckers that sometimes while I am engaged with one fighter another one may come up and join the fight but will have no label over their head, making it hard to identify unless one targets it. It could be the difference between winning and dying depending on if it was a rogue who joined in or a tougher swashbuckler, and one might not have time to change ones target to try and figure this out in the heat of battle.

It is not a question of using the 'n' key to hide labels because other creatures etc. have their labels showing normally.

I don't know if this belongs here or in the user interface subforum. I didn't put it in the combat subforum because I saw this behavior happen while talking to a guard in Ardoris. The guard had her label over her head as normal but a child came up without one. Even when I stopped talking to the guard and started talking to the child ( who I already knew from previous talks ) no label appeared. The target label in the upper left appears as normal in all these cases.

Rentier likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Heremtic
    Let us know if you guys see any behavior changes in 669 or later. Thank you.
    It seems random but if someone finds a 100% repro test case for it I will be sure to let the dev know. Thank you.

3. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Just had it happen again in Brightbone Pass. A hardened skelly footman ran up and attacked me and had no nameplate.
    It was just him. Before I thought there was a pattern when I was already fighting/talking-to something/someone and the
    npc/mob that joined in later was the one that was missing the nameplate. Clearly that wasn't the case this time. I had
    dispatched 2 skelly mages nearer the control point before I met this footman but a little bit of time had passed. So, not
    sure if there is any pattern.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.