Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Moongate leading to siege

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Net, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

7/21/2017 4:47 PM
    Title: Moongate leading to siege
    Reproduction Rate: unknown
    Blocker? No
    Details: Moongate lead me to Forest siege not indicating which town it is around, besides I expect it to lead to another moongate and not to siege!?

Steps to Reproduce: Use moongate from Island of Storms when there is siege around Brookside
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 32712
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.523.Date.07.20.17
    Area: IsleOfStorms/After
    Area Display Name: Isle of Storms
    Loc: (-25.4, 26.6, 23.2)
    Debug: SXNsZU9mU3Rvcm1zfEFmdGVyfCgtMjUuMzcxLCAyNi41NTMsIDIzLjI0Myl8KDAsIC0wLjMyOCwgMCwgMC45NDUpfC0zOC4wODMwMnwzMy43OTg5MnwxOA==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Net

Net Avatar

ah, did not thought this would be user interface.

EDIT: Never mind, that other report was about tooltip this one is about lunar rift leading to siege at the town side.

4. Net

Net Avatar

@Lexie Is it seriously design that lunar rifts lead to siege? And is it by design that they lead to siege at the town entrance side so the siege is just extra punishing loading screen?

5. Net

Net Avatar

Also why is Brookside under siege anyway, have not see anyone here, it is literally ghost town.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Net
    It is. It is how it is coded into all teleporters. I checked with top men. TOP men....I promise you. You can hit sieges through teleporters.
    Sieges are not based on population, so I don't think I understand that question.

7. Net

Net Avatar

I thought sieges are based on using shrines or something like that...

Anyway my issue with siege at rift is that it makes no sense lunar rift should teleport you to lunar rift. Should not spit you out in some random scene for no reason, I am no expert on lunar rift physics, but it really bugs me. If there was at least some Obsidian device designed to interrupt lunar rift travel...

And even if it is supposed to put you into the siege, why it puts you in the siege at the town entrance site, would not those evil cabalist wizards interrupt lunar rift travel at the other end of siege? Or somewhere in the middle? It is just extra loading screen this way.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because it has a devotional shrine. Sieges are based merely on the shrines being there, not on people using them or settled population making them more powerful. Etceter is the same way, but the extra traffic means nothing to the cabalists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.