Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Obsidian City Keep Home Bugs/Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Poor game design, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

12/13/2016 11:27 PM
    Title: Obsidian City Home Bugs/Feedback
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: There are a number of problems with the new Obsidian City Keep Home
    Steps to Reproduce: See below.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32687
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1955
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.428.Date.12.12.16
    Area: POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Rats Nest
    Area Display Name: Rats Nest
    Loc: (-114.0, 23.6, 151.4)

1. You can not go down the stairs at this location: Area: Rats Nest (POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Rats Nest) Loc: (-119.3, 23.6, 153.2)
    [​IMG]
    In the screen shot above you can clearly see that my character is standing on air instead of walking down the stairs.

2. Because the towers are connected (see screen shot below) there is a stone barrier on the outside of the towers.
    [​IMG]
    However, this causes a serious problem on the perimeter of the towers. You can't get to them by walking, and that prevents you from walking around on the outside second floor area. (see below) Right now that's not a big deal but once the cover system goes in it will prevent keep owners like me from firing down on other players from the tower walls. Feedback: What should happen is we should expand this area to allow casual passage by walking, that probably means we'll need to widen the overall base enough for a player to squeeze through all the way around each of the four towers.
    [​IMG]
    3. Inside the Towers is a stairwell that catches the players as they walk up. This can cause them to get stuck in a worse case scenario but often causes them to be stopped and is just very annoying. It took over a year to fix this in the Obsidian Town Tower, so it would be great if we could smooth this area out quickly since it's really super frustrating to hit this edge every time you want to move through one of the four towers. :)
    [​IMG]

Additional Feedback for Bob Cooksey, Hutch, and Darkstarr:

Love the concept. It's a monster! But there are few areas where I'm a little confused what I'd do with this space in any type of practical way. (here's the biggest culprit)
    [​IMG]
    It seems like this just leads to nowhere and it's a large section of overhang space that will never be used. What I'd love to see is that space on the second floor filled in all the way to the wall allowing for more floor space on the second floor. Someone could put rows of bookcases up here with that kind of space. :)

Also, on the second story roof, that large entryway in the middle of keep really takes up some good space. I like that area, but I'd like it more if I could climb up on the roof of that middle section. Maybe put a ladder somewhere to make that area accessible? Or better yet a staircase!

The center interior doors on the 1st and 2nd floor need doors as well. This would make an EXCELLENT set of private rooms that leads all the way to the roof of the second floor, but instead (because there are no doors) it's really more of a complex entry point to the roof. Seems like this area should be private quarters.

Lastly, the windows on this entire building need to be shaded in so that people on the outside can't see in. I think the windows on the Obsidian Town Tower are like this. Right now it's clear as can be and you can see right through every window in the Keep. Not good for us anti-social Necromancers.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Stahlknecht likes this.
  2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I've submitted these. Thank you! (Bug #38461)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.