Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Opening any window with a keyboard shortcut while holding down right mouse button

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

17/11/2016 18:42
    Title: Opening any window with a keyboard shortcut while holding down right mouse button causes avatar to rotate
    Reproduction Rate: 9/9
    Blocker? N
    Details: As I'm running along with the right mouse button pressed to steer, if I attempt to open any window with a keyboard shortcut then my avatar immediately rotates to run in a different direction. The amount of rotation varies depending on the particular window/key.
    Steps to Reproduce: Be in mouse cursor mode; hit W; hold down right mouse button; hit C/I/Y/F
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 32100
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.504.Date.11.16.16
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Diamond Fields
    Area Display Name: Diamond Fields
    Loc: (113.1, 89.0, -81.3)

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I also reported this issue here. This bug is really frustrating, please make it a priority.

3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I think there's two issues, because I get that too - the mouse pointer reappears and the sensitivity goes haywire. Actually opening a window causes instant rotation for me.

Lord Barugon likes this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted. Reference id: 37427

Lord Barugon likes this.
  5. Woseids

Woseids Avatar

First sorry for my bad english
    i use mouse buttons to move and for camera
    Example When i hold rigth mouse button and harvest note the mouse arow apear after the window pop up and you need reclick the rigth mouse button
    same is when i run with rigth mouse button when i came over an mob to loot ..rigth mouse button apear and need reclick
    for me is hart to translate what i mean..but for me us an mouse user to run and for camrea its not more playable ( when i use keyboard buttons there is no proplem )

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Attenwood, this is a really painful bug. Is there any solution in sight?

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Attenwood, can we please get the status of this issue?

8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

@Attenwood I know you only have one bug logged for this issue and the similar thing that happens when resource nodes spawn, but that one is actually the more critical. I am mostly in control of when I open windows, the random swings when I'm trying to navigate a mine or adventure scene are the more frustrating aspect.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think we're on ignore.

10. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

Hi everyone, I finally got around to putting Linux on my machine here at work and will be looking into this issue in the coming weeks. However, the cause is not immediately apparent and I am going to put in a temporary fix until we can hunt down the actual bug.

Unity unfortunately does not allow us to reposition the cursor anywhere we want on the screen so we are utilizing a third party library. What appears to be happening is that when you hide your mouse cursor via right click, then turn the opposite direction and open a UI window the cursor repositions to the correct spot but brings the camera along for the ride. By temporarily disabling this for linux builds your cursor will always reappear at the center of your screen. This should only be a minor annoyance, but hopefully will make the game a bit more playable until we can push a real fix.

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Thanks @Undone but note that the issue does not just happen when the user opens a window but also when various events happen within the environment (e.g. resource nodes spawning, but probably some other things). This makes various things problematic like navigating tunnels in mines or trying to move quickly down corridors in places like The Rise.

Barugon likes this.
  12. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

I think it all relates back to the same code that handles unhiding the mouse cursor. As soon as we get the next linux build out I'll give it a go to verify on my end but would love to hear if things are better in the next QA build.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

It's slightly better with the mouse cursor defaulting to the middle of the screen when it appears, the swings are a bit less dramatic, but still a pain trying to run along corridors and tunnels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.