Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Overland Random Bandit Encounter Not Engaging

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

12/10/2016 1:18 PM
    Title: Overland Random Bandit Encounter Not Engaging
    Reproduction Rate: 1 time so far
    Blocker? No
    Details: I left Superstition Canyon on the west side. I noticed a bandit encounter in the hills to the north. I went to it in order to see what type of scene it would be. It never engaged me. I even clicked it. It still didn't engage. A /whoismaster reported Karrin Murphy as the master. My avatar is Ian Berie.
    Steps to Reproduce: As above.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32689
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.427.Date.12.09.16
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-230.4, 18.7, 120.5)

Edit: A second bandit found at 1:24PM (6 minutes after first) at Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (-214.3, 20.8, 299.6) is the same. Karrin Murphy, again, is the master.

Edit: A wolf pack found at 1:28PM (4 minutes later) at Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (127.6, 20.2, 326.3) is the same. Karrin Murphy, again, is the master. In addition, some strange sounds are associated with the wolf pack... it sounds almost like combat sounds of some type.

Edit: Are random encounters on for this release? I came across a skeleton in the sands near Grunvald Shardfall. It is laying face down, as when they are when not activated. Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (367.2, 15.2, -43.0). Karrin Murphy, again. Heading to the nearby wolf pack....

Edit: The wolf pack won't engage. Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (401.5, 17.9, -78.7). Karrin Murphy.

Edit: Skeletons, they're awake at least, at Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (431.7, 15.8, -159.4). Karrin Murphy.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Sentinel2 likes this.
  2. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Title: Overland Random Bandit Encounter Not Engaging
    Reproduction Rate: 1 time so far
    Blocker? No
    Details: Exited Point West, saw Bandit who would not engage in the random encounter
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4910K CPU @ 2.90GHz System RAM: 16GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880 mobile
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.427.Date.12.09.16

I'm having the same issue. I even loaded back into Point West then back to the overworld map and the bandit still will not engage.

Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (-388.7, 17.4, 156.0)

Edit: And another at Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (-212.0, 21.7, 299.2)

Sentinel2 likes this.
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I finally got a wolf pack to engage me at around 2:27PM.

Could it be that Karrin Murphy avoided a random encounter, and the encounters ignored everyone else because of that? Perhaps she's logged off now and that freed them?

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Appears to be working now. Unable to see the issue. Possible a connection issue with the master ofthe scene at the time that lagged out the npcs?

iansmellios likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i just had the same thing, with a stag north of superstition canyon. i stood next to it, walked in front of it, basically harrased it for a good 30 seconds, but it did finally engage.

Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (-230.6, 18.6, 120.5)

6. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I tried replicating last night and had no issue engaging random encounters near Harvest and Point West and on the way to Brittany, and it was fine again when I logged in this morning; unfortunately I'm having the non-engage issue once again (just now as I'm posting this I'm standing next to a bandit who's whistling and ignoring me, has been for a minute or so). I zoned to the overworld map from Harvest and saw the bandit and immediately ran towards him while I still had the zoning glow and he continues to ignore me.

I'm in MPO.

Edit: I also ran east of Harvest to the skeleton on top of the hill and he would not engage me, either.
    Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (-221.3, 15.0, 308.6)

Edit 2: After just leaving my character by the skeleton and doing housework, he engaged just now, about 30-45 minutes after standing there next to him.

Edit 3: After leaving the skeleton encounter, I ran back towards Harvest, crossed the bridge to the same bandit giving trouble before. He would not engage, I stood there and timed it and it took 48 minutes for the bandit to finally engage.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Sentinel2 likes this.
  7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Same issue here. I tried replicating this. Skeletons and then bandits just sat there or walked past me. Here are the locations I tried for the last 10 minutes.

Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (-1.5, 18.3, -291.7) -- Skeletons

Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (58.0, 20.2, -228.1) -- Bandits

I even entered towns then reentered Novia Overland several times. Same results.

Update:

Cast light spell in front of these guys. Still the same issue.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  8. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Had it happen to me between Desolis and Brittany just west of the pass. Had to run back and forth over the Skele. to get him to notice me. didnt appear to be lag as there was another player heading my way and turned away when they saw I was on top of the Skele.

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

In R36, I have to pan the camera around in order to start any encounter. Could this mean anything?

10. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Believe we've identified the issue: 38348. Working on solutions now.

Ravalox and Traveller13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.