Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Passage to Xenos (path of truth)

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Remescao, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remescao

Remescao Avatar

11/19/2018 12:04
    Title: Passage to Xenos glitch
    Reproduction Rate: Avitas? I don't know. Mackey? 100%
    Blocker? When giving the black iron ore to Avitas, quest did not proceed and quest item is gone. In case of such a quest problem Mackey won't cough up the ore to try again.

Details: I talked to Avitas, and he said get the black iron ore for him. Then I talked to Lady Ransom and got her letter and package to get it without fighting. I ran through Crag Foothills to the mine and talked to bandit chief Mackey. He gave me the ore, but when I got back to Avitas and gave it to him, he didn't acknowledge it. The captain won't give me passage and my ore is gone.

So I tried to work around it. I went back to Lady Ransom who gave me her letter and package again. And this is where I run into a loop... I get back to Mackey, but he doesn't acknowledge Ransom's stuff. The items disappear, but I don't get anymore ore, so I leave the mine. Just outside the mine, Lady Ransom's stuff is back in my quest inventory. But Mackey still won't take them, and around and around it goes...

Steps to Reproduce: a character on the path of truth needing to get to Xenos
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12) System RAM: 16242
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.875.Date.11.18.18
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_CragFoothills
    Area Display Name: Crag Foothills
    Loc: (31.4, 70.4, -176.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV9DcmFnRm9vdGhpbGxzfHwoMzEuNDIsIDcwLjQyOSwgLTE3Ni4xMSl8KDAsIDAuOTY4LCAwLCAtMC4yNTMpfDI1Ljc0NDV8OC4zMjAzMjJ8MS4yNQ==

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report. Issue #63072

3. Remescao

Remescao Avatar

Got past this, finally. Since I still had the second batch of Lady Ransom's stuff on me, I tried Mackey again and got the black ore. The quest went as expected after that.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the extra details! I'm adding it to the original report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.