1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] POT Sieges spawing liches.

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Asbury Baker, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Asbury Baker

Asbury Baker Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

02/13/2019 21:07
    Title: POT Sieges spawing liches.
    Reproduction Rate: 3/3
    Blocker? no
    Details: Similar to the NPC towns spawning liches, which was fixed. POT towns seem to spawn only liches. There is one unconfirmed report of a POT town spawning a cabalist, and a chorus of negative responses. Many moons ago, POT town sieges would often spawn liches, but also often spawn cabalists. More recently (for a year?), all POT sieges spawned cabalists (perhaps another way to word it is - POT sieges only occurred when cabalists were on the job). Could you verify that POT sieges are spawning cabalists as intended, and perhaps restore the POT behavior from the last ~10 releases?
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter a POT siege. Clear it. Encounter 3rd string waterboy (Lich Mage).
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16259
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 3032
    SotA.Win.64.913.Date.02.11.19
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-455.8, 13.2, -194.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtNDU1Ljc1NywgMTMuMTk3LCAtMTk0LjUpfCgwLjAwMiwgLTAuODQ2LCAtMC4wMDgsIC0wLjUzMyl8MTE1LjU5MTh8NDV8Mjk=

mystarr likes this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

Enter issue #63887 for review. Not sure if this is a bug. We did change the siege design somewhat this release in order to accommodate players in parties.

3. golruul

golruul Avatar

Just to chime in, I also went 3/3 for Lich Mages at the end of a siege battle for POTs. These were 3 separate POTs, too -- it was NOT the same POT siege three times in a row.

Before this release, I only encountered the Lich Mage once in my whole career here.

Now, I stopped doing sieges because I'm pretty sure it'll be a Lich Mage rather than a Cabalist.

4. BurningToad

BurningToad SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

We have been able to identify a bug here and we should be able to get a patch out soon with a fix so that cabalists will once again appear in POT sieges.

Asbury Baker and Jaesun like this.
  5. Smegatron

Smegatron Avatar

This might be working now as of patch 916? In the two weeks before 916 I soloed at least one POT siege every day. Every single one of them was a Liche Mage. Now for the past two days I have seen Cabalists as before. There is nothing in the patch notes about this so maybe the issue is more intermittent than I thought. But it is hopeful. :)