Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Quest hand-in's broken? (Blood River Outskirts.)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Stellos Hayford, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

10/27/2017 3:18 AM
    Title: Quest hand-in's broken. (Blood River Outskirts.)
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: When collecting blood river heirlooms and elven wine and attempting to hand-them in, the trade window allows me to drag the items to the other side of the trade window, but clicking "Give items" performs no function. I am able to click the cancel button after restarting the client, (it didn't work the first time), but again, giving items doesn't seem functional for me.
    Steps to Reproduce: Hand-in Heirloom tokens and Elven Wine tokens.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 8167
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series GPU RAM: 2029
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.677.Date.10.25.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (345.6, 81.7, 218.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzNDUuNTc2LCA4MS43MjcsIDIxOC42NCl8KDAsIDAuMzY3LCAwLCAwLjkzKXw0MzUuNjl8MTUuNDEyODF8OS4wOTQ0MDI=

2. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Anyone gonna bother to acknowledge this issue? Seems everything on the forum has been acknowledged but this, despite it being in critical issues. :(

3. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

*Sigh.*

Guess not...

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Stellos Hayford
    Please hang in there with me. I saw your report; but I need to look into it and have an answer prepared for you before I respond. Some bug reports are easier to look into that others by nature. I'm trying to determine if this is UI based for all quest items or this quest. Please don't take it personal, we take reports like yours very seriously. :) Release days can involve a ton of multi-tasking for us.

So after some further digging, I cannot repro in our internal dev build. Please try again and see how it goes. I can turn these in just fine. I would restart the whole PC since you had some behavior change with restarting client.

I will also keep an eye out for additonal reports. The more I can piece together the more I will have to help the developer.

5. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Alright, I'll try a PC restart. But before I do, I just want to update you on the issue. (Thanks for responding, and I apologise for being a bit ill-tempered, by the way, I'm more than certain you have -plenty- of multi-tasking to do.). :)

I managed to hand-in the blood river heirlooms, (some of which were retroactive, not sure if that is a telling factor), but the elven wines are still very gnarly. I should also add that when I click the give items button, (for the elven wines, at least), Vinicius, the good woman that accepts the hand-ins, performs her /cheer animation and plays the Woo Woo Woo sound effect, but the trade window doesn't disappear, the item isn't deducted from my inventory, and the experience isn't given. Simply nothing happens. Hope it helps pinpoint the issue, if it's not on my side! We'll see. I'll keep an eye on this post.

Thank you.

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Did you try giving the items one-at-a-time? They don't accept the items in stacks.

7. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Okay! I tried a restart, and the elven wines still seem to perform no functionality when I click the give items button. So what I'm going to do, is delete the few elven wines that I have, and start with a clean slate, so to speak. Again, I'll update this post as needed. I can't begin to express how much love I have for this project and the people that are making it happen, so please don't feel that I'm ungrateful in any way. The only reason I was a bit nippy is because I so want to get started on release 47, and this is a bit of a pain in the neck for me. Again, not your fault. :) *hugs.*

8. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

As to your question, Puuk. I always hand them in one by one. But I'll keep in touch. Thank you for your insight, too, though. :)

9. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Elven wine hand-in's still not responding, despite the fact that I looted a new one. At this point, all I can do is play around, and see what happens. I'll update this post if anything changes. Good work on the release! It feels lovely to play, despite this little setback. :)

10. Raithlean

Raithlean Avatar

Seems like i made a duplicate entry in a different part.

This is happening for me as well. I relogged a couple times, started with new wine/heirloom items etc. When i log in, i pass 1 item and then click on give items, then nothign happens. Figured might be lag related and waited 5 mins to see if it will work. Does not. What is worse, you cannot even exit the pop up window. to exit, i talked with Vini again and reopend the window and then press the cancel button

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am having this issue as well.

12. Raithlean

Raithlean Avatar

i logged out, started at the Novia, went back into the instance and this time the heirloom item worked. but wine still not working.

13. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Are you playing in offline mode or online?

14. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Online mode. Both of us.

15. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the help, everyone! Bug entered - #52310 (just fixed this, too). Fix should be in next update.

Rentier likes this.
  16. Stellos Hayford

Stellos Hayford Avatar

Thanks, friends! Much appreciated. :)

Puuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.