Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Quests in Blood River Outskirts don't clear up *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Rentier, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Hey there
    in R620
    1. Reproduction Rate: 100% (1 of 1 - can't undo quest .... so can't rpeat)
    2. Blocker?No
    3. Details:
    in order of journal entry:
    • Seek Alberic - quest still in active quest list
    I found him, spoke with him and got his quest, why still active?
    • Refugee Aid
    not one of the elves in the camp react to help - yet?
    • Inform Farmer that Alpha Wolf is Dead - wrong quest description or wrong place for it
    text says "solace bridge outskirt" but was triggered in Blood River Outskirts as I killed 3 beta wolfs and one alpha wolf there!?
    Edit Location Area: Blood River Outskirts (Novia_R7_Forest02_01) Loc: (539.1, 75.6, 135.5)
    • Into the Vigilante Nest - quest still in active quest list
    I got in through finding paths around the gates, then through killing the gateguards(key), then through giving the codeword from Marcus
    • Truth over Deceit- quest not solvable?
    I find no keyword to convince Marcus (I am in posession of the manifesto)
    • Scalps for the Vigilantes - Ruse - quest still in active quest list
    I aquired the ruse-scalps but the quest is still there
    PS: I also aquired real elf scalps from the corrupted (only the ones at elven camps do drop them...)
    so when bringing the scalps to the vigilantes leader I could not give him the real ones! it was already decided for me to give the ruse ones :/ => I like to have the choice which scalps i give...

Edit:
    Alberic still has the elf scalps as keyword although i already received them
    Valinia still talks about how loosing them is possible (nice touch) but gives no more ruse ones
    both talk paths should be closed after completing the quest (BUT yeah the quest is done but still open...hmm)

• Corruption Junction - quest still in active quest list
    I killed the Boletusporis before encountering the automaton, but as i found the automaton he gave me the quest and the reward at the same time

Edit from my own deleted answers to this thread:
    • Venomous Distribution
    Talking to Alberic about the venom poison doesn't trigger a journal quest entry but he talks to me after asking and if i would be inclined to do to the vigilantes food what they intended to do to the elves food
    (and there is no food cache of the vigilantes that can be triggered like the food in the elf refugee camp)
    And I checked all nearby small vigilante camps (one camp with one cage wagon and one wagon with food, one camp with only one cage wagon, one without wagon only tents, one with no NPC but foodstorage at the river)

• The Vigilante Brief - Part Two
    • Evidence
    going forward in the Evidence quest => the journal entry says garrison SE of the refugee camp ... found it in NW of the camp (SE was the vigilante's nest....

• Warrant Action
    Captain Bearfield gave me 14 gold and the warrant
    Gave the warrant to the culprit Phineas Drumplemouth but no actualisation of the quest happens - only got XP and gold (from the person which I gave the warrant - I hope you will do this, so that I have to go back to the issuer here to get the gold..)
    At the same time the sporadic when speaking to Drumplemouth the different set of keywords was choosen vanishes (e.g. the key words "crazy book" - dont rmember the exact wording )
    happened only after receiving the Manifesto

Edit:
    Captain Bearfield reacts to "help" with "You lost the warrant. here is another one." although I gave it to Drumplemouth and still have it in my backpack (BUT yeah the quest is done but still open...hmm)
    • Related to the Quest:
    1. vigilante NPC
      no difference between Melee, Archer or Mage, all drop
      dagger, sword, hammer but no bows or arrows..or staff or reagens.??
    2. Mapping entrys vanish after leaving area and coming back:
      Aerie Guard Camp,
      Ruined Pyramid
      also missing (don't rmember the names correctly):
      satyr caravan
      elven reinforcements camp
      automaton home
      (Only staying entrys are: Spider Lair, Vigilante Main Camp, Psilocybin Lair, Elven camp)
      Edit: all exits are also missing
    3. Blood River Outskirts Heirloom found but no quest for it (yet?)
    4. NPC refugee camp guards don't react to help,only 1 NPC found with help working => still missing refugees
    5. edit - the ruined pyramid near the aerie camp the last step on top can't be crossed by moving you need to jump

edit2: the bridge over the small rive is also only enterable with jumping
      Area: Blood River Outskirts (Novia_R7_Forest02_01) Loc: (540.0, 89.9, -31.6)
    6. Edit: Area: Blood River Outskirts (Novia_R7_Forest02_01) Loc: (256.6, 63.8, -23.0)Enemy spawn inside big tree
    7. Edit:Area: Blood River Outskirts (Novia_R7_Forest02_01) Loc: (401.9, 70.0, 163.0) the sticky webs are undestroyable
    BTW: Two Monitor setup: writing this in the forums on one monitor and reclicking into the game on other monitor while in combat mode: left click attacks and kills the NPC staying next to me (in this case "Aerie Captain Captain Bearfield" - I hope you guys don't log this for progression - that s**cks)
    Is there a way to rmember that the game window is not the active window so that the first click into the window is not registered as click in game but as click to reactivate the window?

will update progress

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Soleidad, Solazur, uhop and 2 others like this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Another Edit

3. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

A whole bunch of the quests in the Blood River Outskirts are bugged. Thank you Rentier for pointing them out.
    Corruption Junction - never was given "poison", after killing the big shroom, nothing appears / happens.
    Warranted Action - After giving the Warrant to Trumplemouth, he acts affronted, then the questline dies (cannot get him to acknowledge anything afterwards, nor is there any updating).
    Several questlines still in Journal after finishing them?
    Seek Alberic
    Truth over Deceit
    Into the Vigilante Nest
    Scalps for the Vigilantes-Ruse
    The Vigilante Brief - Pt 2

Thanks for fixing all of this stuff - (If I was a new player, I would rage quit pretty quickly with the bugginess of this area...)

Rentier likes this.
  4. uhop

uhop Avatar

Today it is still as @Rentier described. I want to add that:

• Queen Spider does not respawn in online mode (reported in other tickets) effectively blocking quests.
    • Having no borders (an avatar can walk to Novia without any gates) is confusing as hell, and hard to map things mentally (and there is no in-game map, at least not on Linux).
    • Gates themselves look misnamed. For example, walking East I encountered North Gate, or something like that. Why gates in a borderless area? Not a single gate is named according to where they are found.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback!

Here's what I took care of so far:

in order of journal entry:
    • Seek Alberic - quest still in active quest list
    • Put in the proper checks to complete this task. Previous flag wasn't working.
    I found him, spoke with him and got his quest, why still active?
    • Refugee Aid
    • Temporarily removed until next release. Need to make proper help quests. Next patch you should be able to talk to Alberic and automatically "complete" this task to remove it from your task list.
    not one of the elves in the camp react to help - yet?
    • Inform Farmer that Alpha Wolf is Dead - wrong quest description or wrong place for it
    • Removed the link that was in the spawner for the alpha wolf that caused the quest from Solice Bridge Outskirts to fire (copy and paste error).
    text says "solace bridge outskirt" but was triggered in Blood River Outskirts as I killed 3 beta wolfs and one alpha wolf there!?
    Edit Location Area: Blood River Outskirts (Novia_R7_Forest02_01) Loc: (539.1, 75.6, 135.5)
    • Into the Vigilante Nest - quest still in active quest list
    • Made it more clear in the journal entry and conversation with Marcus that the player needs to speak to Phineas to complete the task. Also checked to make sure the proper flags are on Phineas to complete the task.
    I got in through finding paths around the gates, then through killing the gateguards(key), then through giving the codeword from Marcus
    • Truth over Deceit- quest not solvable?
    • Marcus was checking for just the "evidence" version of the manifesto and not the possibility of the reward version (the one you can use to decorate your home). He now checks for both versions and completes the task when you hand it over to him. Don't worry, you'll get it back.
    I find no keyword to convince Marcus (I am in posession of the manifesto)
    • Scalps for the Vigilantes - Ruse - quest still in active quest list
    • This was a tough one since there are two distinct ways to go about it. I put in extra checks to make sure the task gets updated/completed. However, if you have both the real scalps and the fake ones in your inventory, it'll default to checking for the fake ones. Honestly, it's a tech restriction I can't get around, but story-wise, it assumes if you went to the trouble of getting the fake scalps, then that's what you intend to hand over to Phineas. I also removed the scalps from the Corrupted Elves since, story-wise, that'd just be extra nasty and wouldn't pass for proper elf scalps. Even Phineas could probably tell the difference... maybe.
    I aquired the ruse-scalps but the quest is still there
    PS: I also aquired real elf scalps from the corrupted (only the ones at elven camps do drop them...)
    so when bringing the scalps to the vigilantes leader I could not give him the real ones! it was already decided for me to give the ruse ones :/ => I like to have the choice which scalps i give...

Edit:
    Alberic still has the elf scalps as keyword although i already received them - Put in a new dialogue and check to see if you completed the Ruse, so Alberic responds correctly.
    Valinia still talks about how loosing them is possible (nice touch) but gives no more ruse ones. She won't give yo more if you already have some in your inventory. Also gave her an extra dialogue and check to see if you've completed the Ruse quest.
    both talk paths should be closed after completing the quest (BUT yeah the quest is done but still open...hmm) Things that make you go "hmm."

• Corruption Junction - quest still in active quest list
    I killed the Boletusporis before encountering the automaton, but as i found the automaton he gave me the quest and the reward at the same time
    • Put in checks to see if you're on Gus' quest or not. If not, then killing the Boletusporis Regem does nothing and it'll respawn after a while like a good li'l shroom. If you are on Gus' quest, killing Boletusporis Regem will summon his creator, who won't be very happy with your actions.
    I'm working on the other issues you posted. Thanks for the feedback! It's a great help!

Lexie, Sir Grant and Rentier like this.
  6. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Also all the traps that were show cased do not work or function, aka the indian boulder, the footplate triggered crusher, triggered logs.... AI run magically out of the pitfall trap as well even if you bait them on top of it.....

There is also no map at all for this area. anywhere. ingame or otherwise. not even a scroll hand drawn map. (which is the biggest complaint Ive heard in the zone as trying to navigate without even anything is nearly impossible)

Also the pyramid that was showcased is apparently nowhere to be found either...

Gus's mission is bugged as well for me. Ive followed what he said to where, and killed the anti-druid and its not advancing. ( have several hands to show of it now also the green glow is WAY too intense. light travels almost to the 4th floor of a ornate greenhouse when placed on the ground...)

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

You also need the eye of Naturamans to complete the quest (i had both in my backpack when talking to gus again and he rewarded me and gave some new infos)

and i think bumping this thread does not trigger read by the devs in the archive....

8. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Actually, you don't need the eye, but you do need to defeat Naturamans inside the mushroom cave, after defeating the giant mushroom in the cave (which is what actually spawns in Naturamans if the player is on the quest, Corruption Junction).

And I'll tone down the light intensity of the hand and eye.

Rentier likes this.
  9. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Puuk then i need to ask, why my old toon with this quest already completed, can see Naturamans already spawned with all his underlings (corrupted elves and mushrooms) after entering the Lair....

Code:
    [10/3/2017 10:23:56 PM] Entering Psilocybin Lair from Blood River Outskirts
    [10/3/2017 10:24:10 PM] Location of South Exit to Bloodriver Outskirts marked on compass.
    [10/3/2017 10:26:44 PM] Naturamans: (talking to itself) NO! You killed my perfect creation!
    [10/3/2017 10:26:44 PM]
    [10/3/2017 10:26:47 PM] Naturamans attacks Rentier Woodpicker and hits, dealing 2 points of damage from Chaos Bolt.
    [10/3/2017 10:26:50 PM] Naturamans: (fighting) Submit to my corruption!
    [10/3/2017 10:26:50 PM] 

10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You can do the quests over and over again. Are you sure you didn't trigger it again after completing it the first time?

11. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

A flag is put on you when you get the quest and kill off the giant mushroom. This allows you to go back and kill Naturamans again in the cave if you didn't happen to get the eye, or if you just want to go back and get another one (as long as you don't already have one in your inventory). It's easy enough for me to remove said flag and not let people get more than one eye. :D

12. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

don't do that it still gets me a creepy athmossphere in my alchemist home - and also don't
    it has nice effects you can use to light up a scene :D

13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Nooooooooooo! :) They make good mood lighting at home, and when your favorite color is green.... :D

ConjurerDragon and Rentier like this.
  14. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

My favorite color IS green.

Don't worry, I'm not getting rid of the flag.

Rentier and LoneStranger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.