Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Ranged Mobs Can Shoot Through Closed Windows

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. A ranged monster can attack me through a closed window, seemingly through a wall.
    2. 100%
    3. No
    4. If I run inside a house in Tenebris Harbor, where there are "solid" windows of glass or wooden shutters, the monster can stand outside the window and shoot me, I can not attack it back. I could understand if the window was open, but its a closed surface. Not only is it immersion breaking and "broken" feeling, but puts me at a severe tactical disadvantage due to unintended game world "physics".
    5. Go inside a house. Stand near a window where there is an archer or mage outside the window. Once the mob gets aggro on you, observe it teleporting its arrows/firebolts through walls like an expert DnD wiz.
    6. In signature... Ubuntu 14.04, nVidia GTX 1050, 16GB memory, intel i5 3.2 ghz...

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Black Tortoise are you only seeing this in Tenebris Harbor or are you seeing this in other areas of the game as well?
    I suspect that this is perhaps scene specific?

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it was tenebris when i saw it too

4. Lexie

Thank you again :)
    We'll need the coords of this please. I found some old bug reports that were fixed and closed but the coords may be different here.
    If you are not sure how to get that, in the future @Black Tortoise you can use /bug at the spot then paste the info into the forum fields. It will auto save the text to your system.

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

@Lexie sure, Ill try and get those to you the next time I log on. However, I experienced this in any of the houses, and there are so many Archer spawns, that I think it would be hard for anyone to not notice this. Just go in a house where an Archer is near the outside of a window. They shoot both through the glass panes and the closed shutters, its very easy to reproduce. It happened in many houses.

Do you need any old (single)set of coordinates, or all of them? The latter will be nearly impossible, considering it appears to be any house, any window, any missile.

I have not yet noticed this in any other scene, but I dont adventure in any other scenes that have houses with closed/shuttered windows.

Lexie likes this.
  6. Lexie

I appreciate the response. I've submitted a JIRA on it: 48022. Thank you

7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Sorry all, I tried to get back into the scene and get a good /loc for when this is happening, but I cant handle the new challenges concerning ranged mob AI. I just die in Tenebris Harbor now ;). When I am a little more resilient to these archers and casters, I can try again. Again, it happens inside any of the houses in the "village" of the scene, just find one where a Satyr archer is outside and run inside and get aggro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.