Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Red arrow in sotamap window frequently points the wrong way

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Elwyn, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

7/20/2017 8:32 AM
    Title: Red arrow in sotamap window frequently points the wrong way
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 24482
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1974
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.522.Date.07.19.17
    Area: Novia_R11_City_Xenos
    Area Display Name: Xenos
    Loc: (130.6, 36.3, 5.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0NpdHlfWGVub3N8fCgxMzAuNTU2LCAzNi4zMjQsIDUuODU2KXwoMCwgMC43NDIsIDAsIDAuNjcpfDk2LjA5NTAxfDE4Ljk5OTkxfDIuMTQ2NDY3

Details:
    The little red triangle arrow in the sotamap window frequently points the wrong direction, and not always the same way twice. It can point 90 degrees left of where it should, 90 degrees right of where it should, or 180 degrees backwards. It is very confusing trying to follow your position on the map when the arrow points in the wrong direction.

This happens often enough and is inconsistent enough that I suspect an uninitialized variable somewhere. It can happen in any town or adventure scene. I even saw it happen on the Novia overworld.

I noted a bunch of them the other day in R43 live, and at least two of those cities (Aerie and Xenos) just now pointed in a different wrong direction. I would have posted a list of scenes I encountered it in, but the list got so long so fast that it was clearly a systemic problem.

Also, rarely I have seen the map orientation (which should be north at top) not agree with the UI compass, but this is very rare, so probably a different problem, and I will report it separately when I see it happen again.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Go to various cities and adventuring areas, face north, bring up sotamap, note direction of arrow, move forward and backward to ensure map orientation is correct.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Known issue, there is a sticky about this in the R43 section. But thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.