Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Release 37 and game still crashing

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by von Ripken, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. von Ripken

von Ripken Avatar

The game has been crashing for me upon start up since release 36 . I had hoped the issue would be resolved with the new release but alas no. I am a patient man but I have reached my limit now. I have done everything that has been suggested and nothing has worked. I am playing 3 other mmo's and they ALL work just fine, this is the only one that crashes the same way all the time since release 36. I beseech you please fix this.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please include information that would allow us to look into this issue further. Full system specs, where and how the crashing occurs, submitting any logs that are created from your crash, the build number, and what types of solutions you have taken to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

3. von Ripken

von Ripken Avatar

You can get all the information by looking at my post in R 36 bug reports. That issue is still continuing in R 37. For Gods sake fix it!

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Where exactly do we submit crash logs? One month ag0, I previously found a thread that had some portalarium e-mail address to which I submitted my crash logs and never heard anything back. I'm not even sure if the logs were received or if the issue is being looked into. In the Helpful tips for reporting bugs (QA 101) it says we do not have to submit the logs, but there should be an e-mail address in that QA101 document for submitting crash logs (perhaps to be used only when the logs are requested by the devs?)
    I would like to submit crash logs for my issue.

5. Attenwood

@von Ripken Sorry for the failure to communicate on our process previously. Your logs were received and your crash issue is now being reviewed. Reference id: 38710

The email listed was mine. :) rromero@portalarium.com. We do have an automated crash log server, which assists us to review cases, and often allows us to see any common threads for widespread crash issues. When it comes to individual crash cases and reports that I might want to look into on an individual basis or push to the team for special review, it doesn't hurt to have them sent personally from time to time.

6. von Ripken

von Ripken Avatar

Thank you.

7. Attenwood

Hello von Ripken!

Upon review of your logs, we see that it's initializing with DX11, which leads me to believe the DX9 workaround fix mentioned in R36 may not have been applied correctly.

Please try these steps:
    1. Locate the game executable in your game client directory
    2. Right click and select to make a Shortcut of the executable (not the launcher)
    3. Right click on the Shortcut that was generated and access Properties
    4. At the end of the field for Target, add the following code: "-force-d3d9" (If done correctly, should look something like C:\Program Files (x86)\...\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe" -force-d3d9) Make sure it's outside and after the quotations.
    5. Run the game with the edited shortcut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.