Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Salvage hangs on first item

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by liz_the_wiz, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

07/26/2018 18:43
    I piled a bunch of lootings on the smitting table, hit go, and

[​IMG]

and while I can chat, I cannot exit the crafting window

only thing that worked was alt+F4 ... :(

it seems the first time you use it you get stuck, after its OK

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 65421
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11027
    SotA.Win.64.811.Date.07.25.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Isla de Muerta
    Area Display Name: Isla de Muerta
    Loc: (37.5, 90.1, -2.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxJc2xhIGRlIE11ZXJ0YXwoMzcuNDg1LCA5MC4xMjUsIC0yLjAzNSl8KDAsIC0wLjI1OSwgMCwgMC45NjYpfDY4Ny4xMTU3fDMzLjg1MDcyfDUuMzgzMDQ3

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@liz_the_wiz We are unable to reproduce this. Did it only happen that one time, or are you able to reproduce it again? Let us know if you are able to narrow down steps to reproduce this.

Thanks for your help!

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

It happened 3 times.. out of 3 !

I just piled some crap on, hit salvage and it never went green, it gave me some stuff from that first salvage as you can see but just stopped.. i wasnt overweight or anything had plenty of space..

I can try firing up a new account, see if I can do it on that, and then see whats in my output log - it maybe the crafting table type, or what Im wearing.. I mean I know how this goes.

4. wizardsmoke

This might depend on the specific items that you are salvaging. Can you provide a list of items for us to test?

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@wizardsmoke

different account, piled a load of crap on

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at ContainerExt.UpdateFromModificationData (IContainer Container, ShroudDatabase.InventoryId[] ModifiedItemIds, Portalarium.Common.Network.JSONPropertyBag[] ModifiedItems, Boolean autoStackAddedItems, .ItemUpdatedDelegate itemUpdated, AddItemContext addItemContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SalvageItemTransaction+<SalvageItemTransaction>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (ErrorCode ResultCode, ShroudDatabase.InventoryId[] CraftingModifiedItemIds, Portalarium.Common.Network.JSONPropertyBag[] CraftingModifiedItems, ShroudDatabase.InventoryId[] EquipmentModifiedItemIds, Portalarium.Common.Network.JSONPropertyBag[] EquipmentModifiedItems) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PersistenceService+NetworkStorage.OnSalvageItemResponse (ErrorCode result, ShroudDatabase.InventoryId[] CraftingModifiedItemIds, Portalarium.Common.Network.JSONPropertyBag[] CraftingModifiedItems, ShroudDatabase.InventoryId[] EquipmentModifiedItemIds, Portalarium.Common.Network.JSONPropertyBag[] EquipmentModifiedItems) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PersistenceService.Portalarium.SotA.GameServer.Client.GameClientInterfaceBase.ICraftingResponse.SalvageItemResponse (ErrorCode Result, ShroudDatabase.InventoryId[] CraftingModifiedItemIds, Portalarium.Common.Network.JSONPropertyBag[] CraftingModifiedItems, ShroudDatabase.InventoryId[] EquipmentModifiedItemIds, Portalarium.Common.Network.JSONPropertyBag[] EquipmentModifiedItems) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Portalarium.SotA.GameServer.Client.GameClientInterfaceBase.RcvCraftingResponse (ICraftingResponse Owner, Portalarium.Photon.PortMessage portMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PersistenceService.OnRcvResponseMessageHandler (ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer Peer, Portalarium.Photon.PortMessage Message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Portalarium.Photon.MessageDispatcher.DispatchMessage (ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer Peer, Portalarium.Photon.PortMessage Message, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 handlers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Portalarium.Photon.MessageDispatcher.DispatchResponseMessage (ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer Peer, Portalarium.Photon.PortMessage Message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at NetworkingPeer.OnOperationResponse (ExitGames.Client.Photon.OperationResponse operationResponse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ExitGames.Logging.UnityLogger:Error(Object, Exception)
    PortDebug:LogException(Exception)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update()
    (Filename: Line: -1)
    IncomingMessages, Total=9, NumPlayers=1, SceneId=POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Isla de Muerta,Room=9d3a1e04-cf60-4fd5-a240-06051fa75c84
    OutgoingMessageQueue, Total=19,Master=True,SceneId=POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Isla de Muerta,timeScale=1.00,SetViewState:8,LoadAgricultureData:3,GetInteractiveObjectStates:2,Ping:1,SubscribeToView:1,SetSaveLocation:1,TakeLock:1,SetInteractiveObjectStates:1,ReleaseLock:1,Room=9d3a1e04-cf60-4fd5-a240-06051fa75c84
    Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 53)
    Unloading 1202 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 509996.
    Total: 1396.352839 ms (FindLiveObjects: 44.543818 ms CreateObjectMapping: 26.706617 ms MarkObjects: 1314.223986 ms DeleteObjects: 10.878115 ms)

wizardsmoke likes this.
  6. wizardsmoke

@liz_the_wiz Thanks, this is very helpful!

Issue # 60902

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

OK when I crashed above I had

Rusty plate boots and, I had just thrown everything the table said yes to at it (cos Im lazy!) so the following (unless it ate 1 item)

[​IMG]

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

but its same behavior on other tables so not related specifically to that "stuff" and as I said, if I log back in, throw the same stuff on, then it takes it

9. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Happening to me as well, repeatedly -

07/26/2018 20:14
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100% so far
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Go to the crafting stating (blacksmithing is the only one I have tested so far), put items to salvage on the table, and start the process- stops immediately after salvaging the first one, puts metal scraps from it into my inventory rather than as usual leaving them on the table, all in the game window hangs. You you cannot interact with anything in-game, or move from the crafting station, you just remain stuck in a frozen state in the crafting animation. Can close it down, or use the 'options' cog and choose 'return to menu', but nothing in the 'game window' works. Esc key, etc, do nothing at all.

Steps to Reproduce: First encountered, closed the client via alt-f4, restarted and logged back in, repeated the actions with the same result. Left the game by the 'return to menu' option, went back a third time, again exactly the same result, so unlike Liz it seems to be a persistent issue for me.

Edit : Items being salvaged were rusty daggers, rusty swords, one iron scimitar, and one rusty chainmail boots. Tried again putting items in the salvage window individually and was able to salvage them that way, and also multiple of the same item, without crashing - but I notice in my inventory the metal scraps from those are not stacking with the 10 metal scraps I got from the first, crashing, attempt at salvaging items.

Second edit - Same with the carpentry salvage, put 15 shoddy short bows on the table to salvage, it salvages the first one and then hangs, needs alt-f4 or 'options' - 'return to menu' to get back to a playable state.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32717
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.Win.64.811.Date.07.25.18
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonTown_5Floor
    Area Display Name: Town Stone 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (13.7, 5.0, 12.1)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25Ub3duXzVGbG9vcnx8KDEzLjcxMSwgNS4wMDUsIDEyLjEzNSl8KDAsIC0wLjc5MywgMCwgLTAuNjA5KXwxMDQuOTUzN3wxMHwzLjExNjg5Nw==

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  10. wizardsmoke

Thanks everyone for the help!

I have found and fixed the problem internally, so this fix will be in an upcoming patch later today or tomorrow.

11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Lesser Wand on a Carpentry station at Owl's Head

07/26/2018 23:56
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.813.Date.07.26.18
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (128.0, 73.3, 69.5)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCgxMjcuOTY4LCA3My4zMDcsIDY5LjQ4Nyl8KDAsIC0wLjcwNywgMCwgMC43MDcpfDE3Ni40MzM1fDQ3LjI3NDk5fDMuMjA1ODgx

12. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

@wizardsmoke , I assumed this had been fixed with patch Build Number 813 6:15 PM / overnight in the EU as you indicated you had a fix in a new build which would be last night or today and I had to patch this morning when I logged in. However it still isn't fixed. I should have taken care to be honest as the fix wasn't mentioned in patch notes Build Number 813 6:15 PM.

I'm not complaining, but I just want to wave a flag for a high priory for this patch as it locks up the entire game, you can't exit the crafting station and have to do a hard restart on the game by getting to your desktop and killing the app.

Great monthly update btw :)

Thanks,
    Steevo

wizardsmoke likes this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can work around this for now by putting less than 15 items at a time in the crafting window. doesn't have to be all the way down to one at a time, just fewer.

14. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

happened to me as well at carpentry station salvaging weapons , got stucked at crafting table having to reboot the game.

15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

ah ok didnt realise that - my bad.

16. wizardsmoke

This should be fixed in the latest patch (815).

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.