Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Still getting skill lock up bug.

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Mac2, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Sometimes when I get stunned or knocked down, all my skills stay locked and I have to zone or relog before I die. It seems to be happening worse then before, like 1 an hour, used to be once every few days.

2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Can also confirm this is happening more frequently. Method to reproduce is to basically get stunned as you start casting a spell OR as the spell would have gone off and not have it get interrupted by the stun.

3. TopSyx

TopSyx Avatar

Same here!

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

What scene are you seeing this issue occur in, and against which enemies? Which spells/skills are you using that you see this problem occur?

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Right now, the shock monkey golds in krul. I dont think it matters on skills used as many different people are having the same problem.

6. Attenwood

We're trying to isolate a reproduction case. Knowing as close to a step-by-step repro would help us hunt this down, including imitating the spells used by players when getting stunned and functionally broken.

7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Attenwood

Scene: Any scene with mobs that stun. Seems to be no difference in which stun, just that it's a stun.

How: Any time I'm casting a spell (I have had this happen lately with the first two heals and the healing grace heal over time) and if I'm stunned RIGHT as it's about to go off OR I'm stunned RIGHT as I start to cast it, the stun won't register as an interrupt and the cast bar will complete. Afterwards I will be in a state where I can't do anything until I zone or relog.

I cannot confirm that this is the case with any casted ability right now, but I am pretty sure I had this happen previously with aetheric feedback as well. The problem is it's happening much more frequently as the "exact" timing needed seems to have been loosened.

It honestly feels like a latency type issue where the server and the client didn't communicate properly, hence the appearance of the spell continuing to cast, but was actually interrupted and something is missing in the resolution of that particular event.

Edit: I have no idea if this bug is prevalent in offline mode and if it is that naturally debunks the client/server issue theory.

8. Attenwood

have you seen this occur in 622?

9. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I have not. These repro steps however are the same as they've been since R41, I'm just seeing it way more often (like I don't dare pull multiple mobs that stun as of over the weekend). If there was a test server I wouldn't mind trying, buuuut since this usually kills me I'm not inclined to play at all because this bug is basically death and death with decay is aggravation.

Everyone's basically gun shy right now and not exactly willing to go anywhere to see if this is still a thing =\.

10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am usually casting death touch, death ray, stonefist.

11. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Attenwood
    Just to clarify, it's not that I haven't seen the bug in 622 and I've been playing as per normal, it's that I've been actively making sure I don't do anything where the bug can affect me in 622.

12. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Attenwood

Can un-happily confirm this is still happening with 623.

13. null2

null2 Avatar

100% reproducible

Here are two cases:

Case 1:
    * Alice and Bill duel
    * Alice uses body slam on Bill, so that he falls down
    * Bill uses Knight's Grace while stunned
    * Bill is stun locked.

Case 2:
    * Alice is fighting a dragon.
    * Alice casts a spell with a cast time (e.g. Healing Grace)
    * The dragon stuns Alice when she has less than 50 milliseconds left in her cast of healing grace.
    * Alice is stun locked

Trihugger likes this.
  14. Attenwood

This issue has been submitted for review. Thank you very much for the continued reports!
    Bug ID: 47940

15. Attenwood

@Kigu Starfish (Kor)

Even with your reproduction steps, this is not an issue we've been able to identify internally. We're going to need some special sauce to get this to happen.

16. Prime2

Prime2 Avatar

7/5/2017 10:33 AM
    Title: Stun locked in Crags involving Hardened Skeletons.
    Reproduction Rate: Rare to difficult.
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Locked up deck while fighting and getting stunned. I must then log out to the menu and back into the game to release the stun lock, or zone the scene and come back. It always seems to have a connection to being CCed by mobs and me casting a spell at the same time.

Last successful spell I was able to cast before the stunlock was Stone Fist.
    I was stacking glyphs for heals with the keyboard for large pull and combining two cards during a stun from a Hardened Skeleton footman, while being attacked by 6-8 other mobs. This seems to happen more often since 40-41, but was the first time for me in 624. For me it is seemingly always when I am CCed from the mobs during a cast wait period, or during a stacking of the glyphs with the keyboard. During the stunlock buttons will respond like I can click them (light up red during presses) but will not function at all. Strangely it will still allow you to stack the glyphs with the mouse or keyboard during the lock.

Steps to Reproduce: CC from mob to player during spell casting or stacking of glyphs in an active combat state. Have had it happen to me about 10 times so far but first time in 624.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16351
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.624.Date.07.04.17
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_CragFoothills
    Area Display Name: Crag Foothills
    Loc: (-38.4, 62.6, -86.6)

17. null2

null2 Avatar

I tried to reproduce with Knight's Grace. Seemed like a false positive from dueling yesterday. The person who was experiencing it claimed it happened every time they were using Knight's Grace - can't reproduce that now.

There is some very special sauce for this to happen, here is a video of it, I will try and dig up more - This video is from 620, but it is still happening this way on 624:

At around the 20 second mark, I cast a healing grace. Watch the progress bar of the healing grace, because that is what is typically an indicator of this issue.

* Cast something
    * Get stunned right at the end of casting
    * Casted effect goes off at same time as stun.
    * Stun locked

Trihugger likes this.
  18. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Same exact thing Kigu's video shows is happening to me. Is not specific to that single spell either. Its baffling to me how it's so easy for me to get this effect yet so hard to repro on your end... I can stand in the middle of a bunch of stunning mobs and only heal and within a minute I'll be stun locked...

If you guys can, try increasing the latency on your test boxes to the servers and see if that makes any difference. I really think this is a client/server miscommunication issue.

19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

20. null2

null2 Avatar

Here is another example of stun lock from my stream.

@Attenwood

If you listen to the audio, I call out that the stun will cause a stun lock before the stun lets up, because of the timing of the stun. I have run into this bug so much that I can tell when it is going to happen right after getting stunned.

The stun bug starts at 44s - Twitch highlighting process adds a lot of time before clip

Here is another example when fighting Dragon in 620. I assure you this is still happening in 624. I will continue to clip all my examples of stun bug and post them here.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.