Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Strafing issue for ranged builds

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Mishikal, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

A key skill for ranged builds is to be able to launch an attack and then duck behind cover. Unfortunately, I have found with my archer that it is not feasible to do this, because the attack will hit the NPC with a "covered" message. This does not conform with the physical laws we've discovered -- I release my attack while having a straight line of sight. *Then* I move to the side, behind cover. My being behind cover should have no effect on the power of the attack, as it has not moved behind cover with me, but instead followed long the trajectory it was launched from, with that clear line of sight. It also breaks the realism of the game.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

that is the engine they have built..

you need to be outside of cover at the moment your ranged attack hits...

same for the enemy ranged attacks..
    if u are in cover as the enemy attacks but leave it at the time the attack hits you are no longer in cover...but if u are in the open and then before getting hit jump behind cover u get cover.

also if the enemy stays in the open and you behind cover the enemy gets the cover bonus too!

bad logic but if you know this fire in cover and get out in the moment it will hit (much shorter time of being not under cover...)
    and u can shoot around walls (you can't see your arrow but the enemy gets the hit :)

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

That's not my experience. I was testing this in the Spectral Mines last night. If an archer launches an arrow at me while I'm in direct LoS, and I duck behind cover, I get *no* cover protection, and get full damage. So this is doubly broken.

4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

then i have a laggy connection - for me it still works...

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I think this is a part of a larger issue. Lag is definitely a factor but we're also working on something that should fix this.

Black Knight, Rentier and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.