Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Summoning Whistle - Unable to remove after pet dies without logging out.

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by brhanson2, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I have several low level pets on whistles and I was going to kill them off to re-use the necklace. Summon my pet and then put him in a fight that causes him to die. Wait the 5 minutes till the ress timer expires then try and remove the whistle to place back in inventory. Get message "Must dismiss pet first". Well...i cant dismiss a pet that is dead and non-ressurectable. I do a quick log out then log in and then I can remove the whistle and the pet name disappears.

Shouldnt have to log out, whistle should clear when the pet dies and isnt able to be resurrected.

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I will submit this issue to the team for review. Thanks, @brhanson2, for the report.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitting ticket.

However, for future reference, you can overwrite a whistle's connection by simply taming a creature with a whistle that already has a pet connected to it. You don't need to purge the whistle of a pet via death before you can use it to try to claim a pet over the existing one.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

ID: 40685

5. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I do not like that feature. I accidentally put my whistle on with my prize pet and tame a creature thinking Im wearing an empty whistle... Not good.

How about an option to dismiss the pet from the whistle by clicking? Or even a popup "Whistle contains pet, are you sure you want to kill him" :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.