Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by benhat, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benhat

benhat Avatar

Patch 524
    Gamebreaking for Multiplayer/Party Mode. (I am only able to play by myself at the moment/until fixed)
    Still having sync issues in the form of enemies not getting hit, or the hits are not shown/applied, lag behind, are applied after a long (very long) time. Imagine you stand in front of a wolve and shoot it for 30 seconds, and nothing happens.
    It is more apparent with Autohits, Skills seem to be less affected by it!
    This happens reproducable! as soon as i join a party of at least 2 players in multiplayer. Takes a while to trigger, don't know what the trigger is.
    Also experiencing the same issues like in 520 still... lighing/healing rays etc. flying around the instance to other players that are far far away.
    Although... positioning seems fine. Enemies positioning seems fine. Enemies are able to hit me, i take damage. Never happened that i didn't see an enemy, or got hit by invisibles. This part seems to have been fixed.
    The Hit Issue can be reproducably fixed by relogging to the instance.
    It seems that issue is more apparent to us EU players. Dont take my word for it. I am going by what i see in guild.

Timestamp for Error Begin is UTC+1 , 21:15 Hours. We tried to fill 10 Minutes of Gameplay up to 21:25.
    Please see your logs in that 10 Minutes.

If you need further assistance please tell us.
    As this bug is reproducable for the people that have it. We can support further assistance as needed.

Honestly i didn't think this issue is not posted in the forum for the current patch. It is gamebreaking for us who have it. So... Questionmark over my head...

Ingame Name is: Benhat Sevultura
    Player with same issues: in same Party at the time of testing with "Rick Bordoux"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Gadfrey Zukes and Lanfire like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Some additional details please. Thank you for reporting.

You mentioned the possibility of it being tied to a geographic region, whereabouts in Europe are you located? How quickly and easily does this issue reproduce for you? A matter of minutes/hours?

This sounds like less of a sync issue as we have observed it previously, and more tied to a connection issue... This affects everyone in your party? Everyone sees the same lag in response from input given?

We're not seeing this issue internally, so getting as close to an exact repro case as possible to observe the issue as you see it would help.

Thank you.

3. Lanfire

Lanfire Avatar

This is affecting most in our guild , across two grinding parties this night, + me and two others all playing solo in both MO and FO mode. (Im in same guild/party as OP too)
    Its affecting US and EU players the same, seem to worsen when in party. FOr me its rapid fire that simply stops doing damage (consume focus/arrows) after about 5 minutes of hunting in one scene. Others have the Autoshot failing. we all have experience with glitches such as spellsgraphics hitting from afar (not effect/just graphics) Choppy movement when you look at the others running around, misaligned soundfx when shooting/hitting, things like rapid fire seems to shoot past the mob, misaligned autoattack when facing a mob, sometimes damage hits but get calculated after 20-30 seconds all at once, sometimes it never calculates. Most people in our guild have stopped playing in parties, and play solo in FO, becouse it all adds up the more things are taking place (players, mobs, effects on screen) This started with the "sync" first go this release for all of us, then when player positioning got fixed, it seems like the "sync" or "latency" or what to call this new bahaviour, moved from players to spells/skills/effects/sounds/mobs. I dont know how to explain it better, try play on a normal enviroment, feel free to look me up in game and try joining one of our daily parties across multiple settings/scenes, and you can see first hand!

Rick Bordoux

4. benhat

benhat Avatar

@Attenwood
    Thank you for taking a look at it
    My suggestion would be, contact us ingame. We are happy to provide live testing with you watching / looking at the data. It is very easy to reproduce, may just take a few minutes to trigger to full extend.
    I think that would be the best and fastest way to debug the issue.
    Or give us a time when its best for you, and we will do the best we can (keep in mind EU timezone) to be there.
    Or we are open for other suggestions...

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The issue of significant combat desync caused for players using ranged weapons is now known. We apologize for the inconvenience while we continue to investigate this issue and work toward a resolution.

Reference: 38865

Bambino likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

We have a repro and a fix coming.

Chatele and ldykllr like this.
  7. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Still not fixed. Since yesterdays "fix" my rapid fire is completely broken.

manufacturedsoul and HogwinHD like this.
  8. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

Still not fixed at all... I'd say it's worse since 534.
    On top of it, the arrow trails are completely wrong most of the time, showing arrows going left, right, behind... or spiralling around the target before hitting.... when it hits.
    Especially noticeable (for me) in Elysium Mines.
    12/24/2016 5:02 PM

Blocker? YES !!!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 8143
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.534.Date.12.23.16
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Area Display Name: Elysium Mines
    Loc: (-110.3, -19.9, 152.1)

9. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

barely playable in any scene today in multi or single. was not having this problem for the most part until today now its every scene i go to.

Evadrepus likes this.
  10. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Yep same rapid fire is one of my main skills as it stands right now it's total trash doesn't hit anything just wastes arrows!!! Fix ASAP please now the holiday weekend playing is ruined... I'm using 534. This happens to me in multiplayer client playing by myself no party.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Evadrepus likes this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup. i hear ya.

12. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

The entire multiplayer code is broken, it's not just bow users that experience the very annoying lag/delay and sometimes desync.

Also, as soon someone with an crappy computer and/or crappy internet connection becomes the Master of the zone, everyone else in the same zone gets lag/delay and sometimes desync issues.

I for sure won't play in multi ever until this is fixed.

Gadfrey Zukes likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is really bad. Combined with the mouselook bug in Linux and the game is frustrating and no fun.

14. irs009

irs009 Avatar

I can agree with that, playing as a ranged is terrible actual.
    Its everywhere and especially with Glyphs like "Rapid Fire"....
    It dosent matters if i play Multiplayer or Singleplayer, the problem always happens.
    Please fix this as soon as possible.

MrBlight likes this.
  15. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

It's not just Multiplayer mode. When I switch to SPO and FO it's the same. I do a troll usually in 20 seconds. Now it happens that I'm running out of Focus or have the Toll to reset because arrows go elsewhere. At the Troll you can see very good where arrows go in the orbit lol.

Kliirkast likes this.
  16. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I said multiplayer code, not mode :p

In SPO i never noticed it thought. But i believe you :p

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have only been playing in SPO because of the mouselook bug on Linux (which is way worse in MPO) and this problem is definitely in SPO.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is the Portalarium staff off for the whole week?

19. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

I think I saw 2 weeks off for the holidays. I could very well be wrong, so someone who knows feel free to correct.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If the mobs are very close to me then my arrows do damage. if they're farther away then my arrows do nothing.

[edit] It gets worse over time, though, and I ultimately have to leave the scene and then re-enter.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    MrBlight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.