Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Target Selection Indicator Disappears

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Larayna, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larayna

Larayna Avatar

1. Title: Target Selection Indicator Disappears
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Partial
    4. Details: As of R43, when cycling through targets in a groups of enemies the indicator that shows which target is actually selected sometimes disappears and will not come back unless you close the game and relaunch it. I believe this behavior is related to utilizing the Swap Deck functionality as the indicators work up until the time you Swap Decks for the first time, and then it breaks until you close the game and reload it.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Login to SotA and enter into a zone with enemies. Observe targeting selection indicator on enemies working properly. Hit "Swap Deck" icon on the screen (or press the hotkey, default <x>). Observe that target selection indicator on enemies is now gone. Close the game and then reload it to restore the selection indicators.
    6. User Specs: i7 4790K - 8 GB RAM - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung 850 Pro SSD - Windows 10 x64

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Confirmed, only I hadnt even seen the target indicators in this patch, Id been swapping decks too fast :p

I still see them on the party bars but not over the mobs, also dont see the not hardtargeted crosshairs over them either so much harder atm.

3. Icy Wynter

Icy Wynter Avatar

Confirmed

I have tested Swap Deck feature few times

Appears swapping deck caused the target reticle to disappear.

I closed the game and re-started the game to get the reticle back to test swap deck repeatedly. The reticle disappears almost every time I used Swap Deck.

Update:
    Played 40 minutes without swapping deck , not losing reticle at all then before I log to take a break from gaming I decided to swap deck to test. I lost reticle right away.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  4. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Its not just deck swapping as I came into a zone (Twins foothills) and targeted a mob. I then swapped decks twice using the Y key all worked and targets were still there.
    I cleared targets with Esc and tried again. targets still there. I then swapped deck with X and targets were still there. I then went hunting and somewhere in the middle
    of a fight it wasnt there anymore.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a known issue that will be fixed asap. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.