Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Torches equipped as stacks use the whole stack at once

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

6/26/2017 1:04 PM
    Title: Torches equipped as stacks use the whole stack at once
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?No
    Details:

Torch endurance loss seems to be random between a little over a minute and a little over five, or that's the range I've timed it at.

The bug here is that if players equip a stack of torches that endurance loss doesn't seem to vary, and it comes from the entire stack of torches at once, thus using their torches at a much higher rate.

For instance I timed a stack of 4 torches taking an endurance loss after just over a minute. There was no hold over from previous use, as I had timed its previous loss as well using a lap counter. So previous use was about 5 minutes, then I got one just over a minute.

But that's 4 torches taking a hit in 1 minute, meaning their individual durability went down in 15 seconds of use.

Meanwhile I'm holding a single torch right now and it took 3.5 minutes to lose durability, 2 minutes, 2 minutes.

So I am guessing that if I were to make a stack of 100 torches and equip them, they would run out in the same amount of time as if I equip and use 1, instead of 100x longer.

Steps to Reproduce:

Equip a big stack of torches, notice how they all lose durability at the same time, seemingly independent of number of torches equipped.

(Perhaps better would be for only single torches to be equipped, but they autoreload the slot when the first one is used up?)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32603
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8110
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.513.Date.06.26.17
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Outlander Welcome Center
    Area Display Name: Outlander Welcome Center
    Loc: (57.9, 36.0, -137.7)

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 47619. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.