Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Vendor NPCs give healthbar with no title

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by hegpetz, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hegpetz

hegpetz Avatar

6/24/2018 6:21 PM
    Title: Vendor NPCs and Interactive World Objects give healthbar with no title
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: On the R55 QA servers, interacting with vendor NPCs results in a healthbar appearing. This happens with Shift+Click as well as with double-clicking to inspect buy/sell menu. In contrast, on the Live servers, the same interaction clears the current selection or at least shows no target healthbar/title.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Log into Multiplayer Open (possibly all modes are affected, but I only tested in Multiplayer Open so far - please reply and contribute if you've recreated in other modes already!)
    2. Navigate to a player vendor - I used Soltown near the Catacombs (see User Specs section for specific location)
    3. Shift+Click the vendor NPC, notice healthbar with no title appears
    4. Select a normal NPC or summon or critter or other typically selectable mobile, notice healthbar and their title appears
    5. Talk to vendor NPC, notice healthbar with no title has replaced previous selection
    6. Press Escape to clear target selection
    7. Double click vendor NPC to initiate transaction dialog/screen
    8. Press X to close dialog/screen
    9. Notice healthbar with no title has appeared
    10. Press Escape to clear target selection
    Note also that some interactive widgets like Gate Switches have this problem. Other interactive objects like the gravestone memorial near the Bandit Hut in Solace Bridge Outskirts exhibit the same behavior as well.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32613
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 3947
    SotA.QA.Win.64.710.Date.06.22.18
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (-76.6, 27.1, -13.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoLTc2LjYzNCwgMjcuMDU2LCAtMTMuOTA1KXwoMCwgMC41MzQsIDAsIC0wLjg0Nil8NjMyLjM2NDZ8MTAuNDIzMDl8My40NA==

I recorded video but read in a post just now to not post anything from QA server. Is uploading in a Private visible-to-those-with-link-only acceptable? I can also provide screenshots, but I don't see an upload option handy. Just let me know the preferred method to submit those, if they are even needed.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@hegpetz, i think just the text is enough in this case. it's a bigger problem than vendor npcs; it even happens with gate switches.

Jaesun and hegpetz like this.
  3. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks!

Issue # 60280

hegpetz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.