Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] where are the mailboxes?

Discussion in 'Release 42 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Kelly O'Shay, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

5/19/2017 12:52 PM
    Title: Where are the mailboxes?
    Reproduction Rate: didnt see a mailbox at kingsport bank nor brittany central docks bank
    Blocker? yes until I find the mailbox!
    Details: See icon on main interface saying "you have mail, get your mail at the mailbox at most banks"
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to banks look for mailbox cant find one yet
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.502.Date.05.18.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (389.8, 25.9, 316.8)

Are the mailboxes implemented yet?

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

This is a known issue we're working on resolving. Thanks!

3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I found a mailbox in Aerie in QA505. I had one mail in there, which I could read and leave in there or take out or delete.

Actually, when I read it, it also went into my backpack. Apparently there is no way to read a piece of mail without it going into your backpack.

Remaining in the mailbox is a notice that I have the one piece of mail still. But, when I double-click on that notice it tells me that the mail was already deleted.

This is not working logically, why cant I read it and leave it in there? I might not have a need to carry it around. After all, it weighs 0.1!!

And why does the item still say it weighs 0.1 after I have already removed it from the mailbox?

And, why does the mailbox have a left side and a right side? Whats the purpose of that?

And, how do I compose a new mail for a friend? How do I mail some items to a friend? How do I mail some gold to a friend?

Please work on the mail some more and make it logical, and allow us to mail stuff to our friends, including gold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5/22/2017 7:52 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.505.Date.05.21.17
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (91.4, 28.1, 23.4)

4. Merrik

Merrik Bug Hunter

FYI:
    this is a "first pass" of the mail system, sending and receiving mail from friends is for a future pass (possibly r43?)
    (this is taken directly from the Devs statements on live stream and in the Dev+ forums)
    "Mail: We are incredibly excited to unveil the first implementation of Mail delivery! As of Release 42, players will now be able to receive mail notifications based on vendor transactions."
    "Work continues to expand the features and utility of mail, including the addition of player-created mail, planned for future releases."

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.