K'rul will now be a PvE area?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gix, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

This isn't about "PvP not having enough content". In fact, I think we have too many at the moment but the problem I have is that PvP and PvE zones are progressively getting undistinguishable from one another.

There's a sense of progression in logic when you think about going from a PvE zone to a PvP area within the zone. I don't believe it exists the other way around.

I think this change makes the game even more convoluted than it needs to be.

2. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

I dont care about pvp at all. I Just want new content to be pve so i can party with fellow and enjoy the dungeon. Just that. I Dont want to pvp anyone anyplace. Im glad that the new dungeon will be pve. Thanks a lot, guys

FrostII likes this.
  3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Make PVP zones worthwhile by putting better mobs and better nodes there.
    I would like to see a PVE dungeon for groups.

Arc, Audacity and OxNull like this.
  4. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

I wish they would just make up their minds. Release one thing, back pedal because of community backlash, I guess I just gotta get used to pvp being second or last on the love list.

I get most people don't like pvp, but it seems like if pvp gets a little bit of love the pve folks feel left out and grab their torches.

There will never be balance in this crazy world. I agree that, just make pvp areas yield better resources and exp. If you want to play it safe and consistent do the pve stuff, but if you want to take a little risk and get a little boost to productivity from pvp whether it's from resource gathering or exp then spend most your time in pvp zones. If pvp zones yielded more resource collection I would definitely spend most my time there.

But who am I kidding PvE players will complain that pvp is getting a boost not understanding that for the system to work well, their has to be some risk vs reward ><'

EDIT: Just to clarify, im indifferent to the change of the Krul dunegon to PvE at this point. On one hand I can see content for PvP that could hopefully get more people involved and participating. On the other hand, I see that there is already ruins, shard falls, blood bay, areas full of potential for PvP, just need to have more reward for dedicating time in those zones because of the increased risk that goes up the longer you stay in the zone.

I am just a little salty, because I see PvE being a huge part of the game already, we are wrapping up to release. like it or not people play games because of PvP. If we are at release with not much POTENTIAL content for new players to strive to in PvP, what are we going to have? SO I see Krul as 1% of ALL the dungeons going to be in episode 1 and we couldnt even have that? I saw R38 as the PvP patch, we got blood bay, [strike]also go a new PvP dungeon[/strike], potentially the only PvP dungeon we will get in episode 1 and we cant even have that. They never said that there were going to 50% PVE dungeons 25% PVP dunegons, just Blood Bay new pvp zone with a pvp dunegons, because, you know, its a pvp zone.... So it was just content for pvp

But like I said, im indifferent because it is one dungeon and pvp needs more work than just a dungeon. And pve is a bigger audience at this point. I just dont like seeing when content for a part of the game I look forward to gets picked away because people are inpatient for stuff they want to indulge in, not really thinking of other parts of the community that; that an entire PVP zone would be a selling point of the game and something entirely enjoyable, but nope, gets to be waterd down..

I need coffee.

Ox

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Vox Aquila and MrBlight like this.
  5. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Agreed 100%. PvP Zones should have really nice places to farm nodes and future rare nods. Thats enough to gather ppls that want to farm nods, etc into pvp. Minoc, anyone? We dont need pvp dungeons and other things like that... Better nodes at pvp maps and no better monsters... and thats it, you know, like Albion .

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think it's kind of interesting to have PvE zones with PVP "shortcuts". You can still get to the zone from Skrekk (the long way) or brave travelling through Blood Bay to the new high end content.

Sheamus McGuinness and Thwip like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm not saying that you can't have more PvE zones. I'm saying that if BloodBay is a PvP zone, every area related to it should be PvP.

If K'rul is PvE, why not put it somewhere else?

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't really have an opinion on it, but it does seem very strange to put a PvE zone inside of a PvP zone. Is the entrance to Krul gated? Getting in there might be a little dicey.

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Exactly my take on it.
    +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.