Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lack Of Quests - I Offer Free Quest Ideas If Wanted

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Kingsley, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingsley

Kingsley Avatar

Portalarium Shroud of the Avatar Team,

I sense a lack of quests in this game. I offer my services of free quests ideas if wanted, not just any quest ideas, quest ideas to be 100% original taken from my brain of imagination. These quest ideas I have are off the chain. I seek nothing in return. Nothing. Just want to see a game with great quests, thanks.

Perhaps you can set up a quest ideas contest, but I need no contest, I'll freely give my ideas and post them here, or what place you want, freely, seeking nothing in return but a cooler game.

If wanted reply with yes.

If you have loads of ideas and they blow you away on how awesome they are, and you can't wait to see the responses of the fans they are that good, they literally make Garriott's world true as this game focuses less on graphics and more on the little things, like amazing quests that are complex, filled with puzles, riddles, etc, etc, etc, not just running around, but things actually *happen*, things that make the players play all day and all night, all weekend, etc. Quests that make this game boom into a super RPG, if you have these quest ideas already then it's cool, but if not reply with yes and I'll give you 3 quest ideas, 3, that's it, just 3, you are free to take the ideas and do what you like with them, thanks.

Retro, Hazard, Audacity and 2 others like this.
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

There is not only a lack of quests, there is a lack of exciting and meaningful quests with consequences.
    Quests with twists and surprises. Quests in which spectacular things happen. Quests with consequences for the people or the world. The devs should definitely look to The Witcher 3 or maybe Skyrim to see what I mean. A siege in which NPCs can die and a whole city burns down. A traitor who commits suicide. A murderer whom we can catch while he commits a murder. A dragon destroying a village. A woman searching for her lost husband but in secret she wants him dead because she has a lover. A Lich taking over a city and occupying it with his undead force. The leader of a city being exposed as a traitor who sold the people to the enemy and has to be hanged.. Where are those exciting stories and quests?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Retro and Kingsley like this.
  3. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

You should post some of your ideas here. Then the rest of us can see if your ideas are good as well :)

Kingsley, Verit and Rilman like this.
  4. Modu

Modu Avatar

Giving opportunities for people to help create quests would be pretty cool. Maybe a contest for the best one, except don't tell anybody who the winner is and let us find it in game. :)

Kingsley and Audacity like this.
  5. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Oh... a simple build-in quest editor, yay :)

Audacity likes this.
  6. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

In Neverwinter player authors were able to create and produce our own quests through The Foundry. It had a lot of promise but was unstable and had some implementation issues. I'd love to see something like that here.

Womby likes this.
  7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Crowd-sourcing time!

Kingsley, Mitara and Audacity like this.
  8. Womby

Womby Avatar

I have mostly been holding back from doing official quests, apart from a handful of starter quests, since I prefer to wait and do them offline when they are all finished and debugged.

However, I have tested a few small parts of the main quest line, and from what I've seen the story line is engaging and has depth. Unfortunately the story is hidden behind a keyword system that delivers content as a series of text fragments in no particular order, and I suspect for many people keeps some of the story details hidden. If people do not take the time to talk to every NPC and try out different keywords, I fear that some quests will never be discovered. I'm not sure that this is the best design choice, as it could give the impression that there are not many quests in the game. No doubt the community will eventually post guides on the internet for those who find the process of discovering hidden quests somewhat tedious.

As for community content, we vastly outnumber the developers. We are capable of producing a great deal of creative content at no cost to Portalarium. There are already plenty of examples of this, and if we are given the right tools we can add a large amount of clearly labelled fan content, mostly POT based. In particular, if given the right tools, we can add many quests and scene stories (stories told through a combination of scene layout and found text). These are most easily achieved in POTs, where an entire scene can be used and where the content is isolated from those who have no wish to encounter fan fiction in game.

Hazard, Audacity, 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Here's a few quest ideas...

10. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Here is an example of a quest I made in Neverwinter reviewed by someone. As authors we designed all the scenes, costumed and named the NPC and mobs, and wrote the scripts which could have branching conversation based on player choices.

It'd be amazing to have player designed quests here.

11. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

I posted this idea a LONG time ago as a means to give the devs a sandbox for testing all of their questing elements without spoiling any of the game...and as a means to provide UNLIMITED questing to players and stimulate an economy. Perhaps they cannot throw this is as it is written right away, but they could certainly do some kind of variation and then build upon it. Either way, the player community would love it.

Not only that but they could actually have the scenes be dynamically populated by mobs of appropriate levels relative to the player.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/idea-maybe-good-maybe-not.41298/

Audacity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.