Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lag

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by RedEyeZz, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

I've played a few of the earlier releases, but I've never lagged this bad in towns. Any major npc town I go into, I lag a lot. Is it just this release or is there some video options that would help the situation out? I have a nice rig btw, not top of the line but nice enough to run any other game on max settings nice and smooth.

2. agra

agra Avatar

There are a ton of post processing effects and video options that are forced on and can't be disabled, currently. Plus... you know... hundreds or thousands of dynamic lights per scene that preclude pre-baked lighting performance gains. :eek: Oh, and rendering the entire scene all the time, there's that little gem.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The OP is probably not talking about overall framerate but rather about the long pauses when you enter a town or place a decoration, etc.

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

New lag when opening friends list

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The friend list has been lagging for me for a few release. Mainly because I friend everyone I met. I think the friend status queries may not be optimized.

As for OP's lag, try set the graphic level to auto and see if that helps. There are still part of the game that is not well optimized , so having good rig may help, but doesn't guarantee 1000 FPS all the time.

It may also be helpful to specify the location that seems to be super lag, so the devs have more data on where to concentrate.

6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

What's the work around I keep hearing.... oh, yeah! Turn off names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.