Land Travels - Part 1 Search for the Blood Diamond

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Several days had passed since Boris left his close friend Dwalin Bombardin as the new captain of the "Dragon". He missed the sea and his crew yet knew deep inside Dwalin was more than qualified to take on the challenges of the sea without him. One day there would be a fleet of pirate ships yet this was far in the future, for now he had to travel the land and learn the mystery of Death Magic.

He traveled east along the road making stops in several towns along the way. Fons Vita, Silverhold, Sparrowfall and Iron Gate on his first day. He was specially impressed by Iron Gate's walls which he found to be easily defended from attackers. He slept outside the city walls and continued onward now on the northern path of this road. Phoenix Fields and Jade Valley were next lastly he headed toward the coast to Port Phoenix.

Many of the local folks had looked at him as he wore a black cloak hiding his two handed sword and used a long tree branch for support. Boris figured if he looked like an old partially crippled man he would not be bothered. He found kindness in the folks from all of these towns who gave him food and water without asking many questions. This gave him new hope that humanity was worth saving in these troubled days.

He approached one of the vendors in Port Phoenix asking him where he could find diamonds and the man pointed to the Northeast and uttered the word "Elysium Mine". Boris headed toward that location and found the entrance of the Twin Foothills. Night had fallen and he started a small fire next to the entrance. To his good fortune a stag came close to his fire and was pounced upon by a large timber wolf. Boris took the two handed sword from the scabbard and dispatched the wolf as the stag lay dead at its feet. He skinned and cooked the stag which gave him a good meal for the night.

He had been asleep for maybe 2 hours when he felt the Halberd pressed against his chest. "What do we have here? an old man entering our lands. What do you have old man? Give us gold or prepare to die".

As Boris looked up at the fighter he noticed two other men similarly hooded with warhammers at their side. He was about to reach for his sword yet noticed it was not at his side. "Ahh nice sword ye had, I think I will keep it".

Then a blur and the two thugs with the hammers fell face down in front of him. He saw Razulah had made short work of them with his own war hammer and Boris took the opportunity that had distracted the fighter who held him to roll over to his right grabbing the halberd and flipping the fighter over in that movement.
    "You will lead us to the diamonds or die here, the choice is simple, give me your answer". The fighter nodded in fear and Boris and Razulah tied the fighter's hands behind his back. Boris looked at Razulah "How did you find me".

Razulah smiled at him "Captain, since we met on the "Dragon" back in Brittany Harbor, I knew you would need someone to look after you. I also know about what you seek, it is the Blood Diamond. I followed you from Xenos and will help you find it". "Well Razulah, lets go find us a blood diamond and see what we can do with it".

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris wanted to get to the Diamonds quickly yet Razulah warned him. "Captain, we must wait until the sun rises, I have a map of these foothills and the entrance to Elysium yet want to make sure we where we are going. I also had a dream last night which not only caused me to follow you here but one that we need to heed".

Boris respected the dreams of the priest and sat back down after making sure their fighter captive was well secured. "We eat, feed the "guide" over there and then head out at sunrise. Tell me of your dream Razulah".

"Captain, in my dreams it was my familiar spirits that spoke and instructed not only to get a Diamond but also an Onyx and a Ruby. I know we can get the diamond and onyx here but I have no idea where to look for the ruby. They also spoke of the Oasis in the desert to hold the fusion ceremony of the three jewels. My interpretation is that the diamond stands for white magic, the onyx for dark and the ruby will bind them together as a neutral magic. They also spoke of three women in your future, a lady of light, a lady of darkness and a pirate queen. One of the three will teach ye light, one will teach ye darkness and the other will lead you to your downfall if you get obsessed with her pleasures".

At that moment in which Razulah finished talking about his recent dream a loud noise was heard. Animals fled in different directions as the sound of large wings flapping was heard and a loud thud as Marak landed next to them. As the blue dragon nudged the fighter next to them, the man's muzzled screams were heard and Boris added "You can have him for breakfast if he moves the slightest bit". Boris and Razulah bit their lips to keep from laughing at the look of panic on the captured fighter's eyes.

Boris wrote a note on a piece of parchment and approached Marak. He pried the dragon's jaws open a bit and placed the written parchment there then pushed his jaws closed. Marak understood. "Take this to Dwalin at the ship in Xenos, he will know what to do". Marak nudged Boris playfully pushing him back then closed in on the captured fighter once more. "Marak do not eat him yet, take the message and then return. I will keep him alive for you until then".

Marak took flight a few moments before the Sun rose over the horizon and a new day was born in Novia. Razulah put out the fire while Boris untied the captive. "You will lead us to Elysium and the mines. If any of your "friends" get in our way I will have Marak eat the whole lot of you for breakfast. He should be back shortly. If your friends approach us let them know we are sent here by Lord Farzul from Brittany on a diamond run". The man nodded while still shaking at the thought of the blue dragon returning for him.

"Captain, what instructions did you give to Dwalin, if I may ask?".

"Razulah, he is to take the "Dragon" to Serenite for repairs and take the contents of the note to Duke William Serenite. His archmage saved my life after Necropolis and should assist us with the jewel fusion ceremony. I believe those shards near Serenite hold great power and could help in the fusion."

The three men headed towards Elysium carefully avoiding the bandit camp on the right side of the road there.

3. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

William was sitting in his observatory with Magnus the Arch Magus. They had acquired new knowledge from Desolis. Magnus points at the stars and finds what he is looking for. "In two days time they will line up and this hasn't happened since the last cataclysm. I believe then we will have enough power to do the ritual." Just as Magnus finishes the sentence the lighthouse sends a signal flare.

As William peers out of his spy glass he recognizes the Dragon and smiles. "No need to worry it is our friend Captain Boris." William walks to the docks with the Arch Magus to welcome the Dragon.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Ronni, Lady Cind and Boris Mondragon like this.
  4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris and Razulah donned the two dead thug's brown clothes, those two bodies had been consumed by the wolves and would never be found. They led the tied thug towards the Elysium entrance and saw Marak circling overhead. Boris pointed to the top of Elysium and Marak nestled there waiting for them. It was uneventful getting to the fabled mine.

They entered the mine and made quick work of the Kobold Fighters noticing all the gold nodes yet knew they goal laid further down into the mine. Ahead were elite skeletal archers and warriors which were more difficult yet fell to Boris' two handed sword and Razulah's warhammer. Further on they moved inside the mine until they found an entrance to another chamber. This time they ran into Kobold Mages, fighters and two earth elementals. A harder battle ensued yet again they came out victorious. They found a few diamonds, sapphires and Onyx yet this was not quite the quality needed. They prodded onwards into the deep bowels of Elysium.

Another battle ensued and this time it was Satyr Fighters and Mages. Their biggest problem was the Faun that kept charming both of them. Finally the Satyrs died and the faun ran away. This seemed a dead end until they prodded every wall and found a false one they could punch through. There was the deepest recess of Elysium. Many more earth elementals were found yet both men battled through them and found two several pulsing Diamonds and Onyxes which they took in a sack for inspection by Magnus back in Serenite. They headed back out the same way they came in to find Marak waiting for them. The Dragon landed in front of both men at the entrance of Elysium and dropped a note and two scroll from its mouth.

Boris read the note which read "Captain, I am glad ye are well. We have just docked at Serenite and the Duke and his Mage Magnus await ye. I have added two teleport scrolls in order for both of you to join us. Regards. Dwallin."

Boris sent Marak back towards Serenite and both men used the teleport scrolls. Minutes later both men appeared on the deck of the "Dragon". There they saw Captain Bombardin talking to Duke William Serenite and his Archmage Magnus.'

"Good Morning Gentlemen. Hope we are back in time".

5. Duke William of Serenite

William and Magnus stood at Serenite docks as the Dragon rolled in. "Welcome to Serenite." said William with a smile.

Dwalin stepped off the ship and pulled a note from his pocked and said. "Sire, I have a letter from Captain Mondrragon" William began to read the note as the captain and Razulah appeared out of thin air.

William then handed the note to Magnus as he welcomed the two new arrivals. "Captain, welcome home friend. Razulah, always a pleasure. Come lets get inside before the rain picks up."

William placed his hand on the bow of the dragon "Do not worry about the her, we will have her ready to sail by morning."

William looks to Magnus as he began to read the note as they walked together...

6. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

"How fare thee, Boris Mondragon?" Magnus rolled up the parchment and looked at Boris Mondragon, awaiting a response.

"Much better than the last time we met," Boris replied.

"After reading this note it seems we have much to discuss. Come, let us head to the Tower of High Sorcery," Magnus said. He lead the way to the Obsidian Tower.

"This Tower of High Sorcery," Razulah inquired as they walked past the docks and toward the bridge by the Serenite crafting pavilion, "I have heard rumblings of certain Towers being constructed across Novia."

"Yes, Razulah, some Towers have been constructed. I have had little patience with the owners of such Towers. They have secretly convened a Conclave, of sorts. They appear very rigid in their thoughts, and quite enthralled with what color robes they wear." Razulah snickered, causing Magnus to smile. "It seems trivial, to be sure. This Conclave continues to meet in secret and has made it most difficult to participate. For that reason alone I have declared the Tower in Serenite as the only true Tower of High Sorcery which is willing to accept those who wish to study and advance magic as it's only requirement."

As they approached the Tower, Magnus could see Boris out of the corner of his eye looking up at the shadowed spires high above. "Amazing," Boris stated. "Quite an impressive structure." The group entered the Tower. Magnus led them to the second floor. He then walked behind the massive book cases and returned with what appeared to be an old book bound in blood-covered leather.

"Please, everyone sit" Magnus waited until everyone was seated before continuing. "The ruby you seek, it is not any ordinary ruby," Magnus said as he flipped the pages of the book, settling on one. He placed the book in front of Boris. "I believe for the ritual you are contemplating you will need a ruby infused with obsidian magic. It is likely the only one capable of containing the death magic you speak of in your note."

"Do you know where I can find one?" Boris said after absorbing both what Magnus said and what he was reading.

"I believe we can find on in the Verdantis Mines. The Verdantis Shardfalls are nearby, and the mines there have an abundance of rubies. It would be the most logical place to start," Magnus replied.

"Excellent," Boris said as he continued examing the book, "and where did you find this book?"

"The Tower of the Shuttered Eye, on the Perennial Coast. I was able to confirm the information here with some notes I found in the Epitaph," Magnus stated.

"We should rest for the night, Boris. You and Razulah can spend the night at my Keep. You'll remember it is a short walk up the hill. Please, let us go there now. I have food and provisions," William said.

"Yes, gather some supplies. We can leave on the 'morrow. I have business to take care of in the region and can accompany you as well," Magnus said, smiling at Boris. "For now, let me make some additional preparations. I shall see you tomorrow."

With that, William led Boris and Razulah down the stairs and out of the Tower, back toward the center of Serenite.

Ronni, Lady Cind, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris was impressed with the Tower of High Sorcery that had been constructed here in Serenite by Arch Magus Magnus. He was thankful to the mage for saving his life after that incident at Necropolis and had listened intently to every word spoken by Magnus.

They had left the High Tower in the company of Duke William to rest and prepare for the journey into Verdantis Mine. He knew he would be able to spot the suitable ruby in order to create the Blood Diamond. "Duke William, we have plenty of Diamonds and Onyxes as well. Mayhaps we can make several amulets to protect the High Tower/Serenite and its Inhabitants as well as you from the Obsidian Cabalists?. I believe there is a higher purpose at stake here besides a talisman to keep me from losing my soul in Death Magic and from the temptaions of the goddess Orta".

He looked at the Duke and saw the heavy load of responsibility in his face. How simple it was for Boris to be only in charge of a ship and its crew yet this man had a lot more to deal with. "Duke William, I think we prepare, sleep on this idea of mine and see where the gods lead us in the morning. I am thankful for your assistance and that of Lady Qwark and her people helping to get the "Dragon" in top sailing shape".

They had retired in two adjoining rooms, one for Boris and another for Razulah. Razulah had been a bit edgy since entering the tower and once alone with him the conversation started.

"Razulah, out with it brother, we have been to hell and back together in these last three months since I comandeered the "Dragon" from Brittany Harbor and something is bothering you".

"Captain, tis just reality that has set in. We are mere pawns for the gods in the deadly power game they play. Orta will seduce you sooner or later with or without the Talisman. I just pray the strenght of it keeps you from losing control or the Lady Pirate in my dreams shows up before its too late to keep you from deadly infatuation with the dark goddess. Arch Magus Magnus is a good man yet I sense there is another dark power lurking behind him trying to use him to gain power for a dark reason unknown to me. I feel Orta will visit ye tonight and will be on watch".

The men fianlized their preparations and retired to rest just before midnight. It was then that the visitation occurred.

She appeared as a cloud of mist through the open window and slowly materialized as Boris slept. Slowly she glided to him and gently moved him onto his back where she straddled him fully clothed in the most revealing and provocative attire even seen by a living mortal. Her long black hair rested on Boris' face and her green eyes glowed with mischief and temptation. She kissed him gently and whispered to him in an almost musical tone "Boris, how much longer do we wait to consummate our desires, how much longer before I can fully materialize and fulfill all your dreams and fantasies like no other mortal woman can. Get me that Blood Diamond and we will rule the continent together. Do not listen to these fools".

Boris awoke startled by this almost real apparition who drove him to the brink of insanity. How much temptation can a man withstand before he caves in he thought then suddenly the door opened slowly and Boris knew they were not alone. Orta was girating her hips slowly and deliberately on Boris who could not move yet Razulah laid a line of gunpowder from the door to the bed and quickly lit the kindle. "Begone dark one, his soul and flesh are not yours to command". Orta jumped off Boris and snarled at the tall dark priest. " I will have him priest, and then I will make you our servant".

Razulah knew the effect of the gunpowder and the magic words he used would vanish any dark spirit and it did. Orta slowly vanished into the darkness the same way she came into Boris' bedroom. He walked over to Boris and said some magic words then clapped his hands together. Boris awoke startled as both men looked at each other. "Captain, she was here and now is gone. Do not let her touch the Blood Diamond once we have it or it will be the end of both of us and the continent".

8. Duke William of Serenite

William was awoken by the sound of the sizzling gunpowder. The noise seemed very odd and confusing. William walked over to Boris room to see what was happening. "Good morning gentlemen, is everything ok?"

Razulah looked at Boris to respond. "Yes everything is fine, good morning to you. I just had a nightmare and Razulah snapped me out of it." William did not notice the black mark of the gunpowder and dismissed it.

"Very well I am hoping to accompany you to the mines. I am hoping to craft some protection amulets with the stone that can be found there. Long before we took Serenite I was a miner so I know Verdantis well and can help navigate.

Once we get back Magnus will help you craft your amulet and in the future I will ask one favor from you."

9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Duke William had stepped out of the room after he and Boris exchanged words. Boris knew that the Duke was concerned about the noises and the gunpowder marks though he seemed not to notice it. The words still lingered about needing a favor from Boris and Razulah piped in "Captain, the Duke could use my divinatory skills as I sense a dark cloud coming toward Serenite. Mayhaps the seashells can warn us about any perils awaiting on the way to Verdantis."

"Razulah, I have always trusted your insight and wisdom, mayhaps we can ask him about it and see if he wishes for your assistance. Lets head down to the docks to see if we can find him there. We can also check the progress on the ship repairs and send a black seagull to Audacity. We can always use her help especially with her healing abilities".

Razulah looked at the Captain at the mention of Audacity's name and smirked. "Aye Captain, I am sure you have missed her company these last two months are you sure you seek her healing talents or is there something you left unfinished with the lady".

Boris looked at Razulah and just smiled. "I bet your shells wont tell you what I have in mind with that woman" Boris winked at him once as both men headed towards the dock.

It was still two hours before dawn and the docks were already alive with activity as many folks went back and forth gathering supplies and doing repairs on the ship. Boris saw the Duke standing near the ship looking towards the sea. Boris approached him slowly not to distract nor startle the man out of his thoughts. He waited for Duke William to turn around and then spoke to him. "Talking to the Sea Goddess Duke William. She will listen to you and Razulah would like to consult you with his divination shells if ye allows it".

Duke William Serenite was considering the option when the wind kicked up suddenly. The moon was full and lit up the entire dock area. Boris knew Orta was making an appearance as he recognized her aroma yet she had never appeared to him in public view. She was making the exception as she materialized quickly heading toward them.

[​IMG]

Orta made herself visible to all, she was getting bolder each time she appeared and headed directly for Boris. Razulah tried to get in the way but she was only palpable to Boris and went right through him as a spectre in the night. She kissed Boris slowly and passionately in front of all as if marking her territory. Duke William stood there baffled by her beauty and boldness. She looked at William and smiled at him. "Take good care of my Captain, I will make sure your trip to Verdantis is safe for Boris will find something I need to stay on this realm permanently".

Just like she came from the shadows, she disappeared just as fast. The first signs of sunrise were on the horizon as the entire dock stood in awe of what they just saw. "Well Duke William, what do you think now that you have seen what I have to deal with".

OOC; Credit to Luis Royo for his magestic fantasy art work especially this image called "Daughter of The Moon" which is my visualization of Orta, Goddess of the New Age.

10. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William seemed surprised and in awe. Serenite's embrace all magic and William felt he had seen everything under New Britannia sun.

William said "Captain, I don't know whether to be happy about this or frightened. She is beautiful..." William paused to remember the apparitions countenance.
    "Captain who is this lady?" Boris responded "She is the goddess of Death and her name is Orta, we can not let her get a hold of the blood diamond as she can use for her plans and it wont fare well for anyone on this plane of existence."

William responded "Perhaps Razulah can spend some time with Magnus so we can document these gods and what knowledge we have of them. One day our library will contain all there is to know. Speaking of Razulah, yes I would be interested in using his divination skills as a matter of fact, that was the favor I wanted to ask of you."

11. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

Lady Marshall Qwark Graeme rose just before dawn and, as was her habit, broke her fast on the upper patio of her tall red house. Often as the light spread across the city, she would sit here and contemplate sitings for new houses and useful city structures. It was her few minutes alone with the city that she loved. This morning, she was pleased to note that the Dragon was in port. She wanted to see how the repairs she had designed for the ship were holding up. They had been emergency repairs, and Qwark had since drawn up plans for more permanent ones. These changes would not only make the craft more seaworthy, but also subtly change the ship's silhoutte, enough to cast doubt to even the ship's maker that this was a ship he had built. She hoped these changes would increase the ship's speed under full sail. She had made a small replica of the ship and asked aid from her companion air elemental to experiment with the design in miniature. She was no sailor, however, so she would need to show these to the officers of the Dragon to get their opinions. Their expertise would determine whether these ideas had true application. Qwark headed for the docks, stopping in the library long enough to gather the designs and the model, and once outside the house, to invoke her air elemental companion.

Qwark sensed the tension on the docks as she made her approach, but she had no idea of the dawn events. She caught the eye of Duke William and he granted her leave to approach. "Good morning, your Grace," she wished him, curtseying. "And to all others here as well. Captain, good to see you here. If your ship's officers have a few moments to spare, i have the plans for the permenent repairs for the Dragon that i would like to discuss with them. Also a demonstration of why i think they should be done. My friend here," she indicated the barely visible elemental,"will assist me."
    " Please come aboard, Lady Graeme," Bombardin responded. "I am interested in what you have in mind."
    Getting permission from the Duke to withdraw, Qwark went up the gangway with the Captain and they disappeared from view.

12. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Obsidian Tempest could hear the ruckus even from outside of the inn. Apparently his traveling companions were causing some manner of distress for the poor innkeeper. With a smirk, Obs shifted his packages to one arm and used the other to push open the door.

“Just look at this place!” a shrill voice commanded. The innkeeper was leaning forward on the bar with his head in his hands while his wife gestured wildly at the overturned tables. “Every single evening for a fortnight, getting wilder each eve.” She stopped to sputter. “Is… is... that… stockings on the mantle? I won’t have it. They are driving away the proper folk. They must go right this instant.”

“But, my dear,” the poor man began, sounding defeated, “the gentleman is very insistent that the lady not be disturbed.” Just as his wife began to question the use of the term “lady” the innkeeper looked up to see Obs walking behind the bar to pour himself a drink. Scrambling, the innkeeper rushed over with a strained smile pressed on his face. “Here good sir, let me help you with that.”

“I told them not to pick such a stuffy place. This is definitely no Evil Eye Tavern,” Obs thought to himself as his gaze landed on the innkeeper’s wife. Her face was bright red with anger. She threw a scorching look over to her husband and jerked her chin towards the door. As amusing as the situation was, Obs ran a bar himself and so felt some kindred towards the struggling innkeeper. “OK,” Obs said to the poor man, “let’s go see if I can help.”

The look of relief that flooded across the innkeeper’s face almost made Obs feel bad. Then he remembered the huge bag of gold coins that the man had demanded up front. He followed the innkeeper up three flights of stairs and almost bumped into him as he stopped short on the landing that led up to the fourth floor.

Silis was sitting leaning against the wall of one side of the stairwell with his foot casually propped up against the other, effectively blocking the way. He took a long sip of whiskey directly from the bottle and without looking up calmly stated, “Not going to happen.” The warning flash in his eyes as he finally looked towards the innkeeper was all that betrayed his otherwise easygoing demeanor. “I don’t think having this conversation again will be very healthy for you friend.” When Sils recognized the stifled laugh from Obs, he turned to his guildmate. “You know this is the first time she’s slept in days. No one is getting up there unless they go through me.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t say no one,” Jarikith’s teasing response floated down the stairs through the doorway. Audacity’s giggle followed from the single room on the fourth floor. Sils gave a resigned sigh and pushed up from his position guarding the entrance to her floor. Obs just shrugged and followed.

Pushing open the door, the group saw Jar perched on the sill of the open window juggling apples. Aud was sitting cross-legged on the floor with a half-eaten apple in one hand and a piece of parchment in the other. “But how…” the innkeeper began, looking over the edge of the window at a straight four floor drop with no visible means of ingress. “I saw you leave over an hour ago, and I know you didn’t come up those stairs. It’s impossible.”

“Legendary Bowlord,” Audacity replied as Jar tossed an apple each to Sils and Obs. When she looked up at her friends, she had a huge grin on her face. “Finally, some action boys!” Waving the paper towards them, she gave the first genuine laugh they’d heard in days. “Mayhem is waiting for us in Verdantis. Let’s go see what kind of trouble we can get into.”

13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

"Duke William, I believe we need to to the divination consult now and before we head to Verdantis."

"Razulah are you prepared for it now? we nay have time to spare as this last apparition was more than I expected from Orta."

"Aye Captain, Let it begin then"

Razulah pointed to a spot on the dock and laid his straw mat on the ground removing his shoes, he also motioned for Duke William and Boris to do the same. Both men were facing him as he faced the rising sun and began his incantations while holding the divinatory shells inside his cupped hands. Once the incantations were over, Razular placed his cupped hands on Duke William's forehead and then asked him to open his hands toward him. He laid the shells in his hands and had Duke William ask for enlightenment from the spirits which he did. He had Duke William open his palms and let the shells drop onto the mat. He had him repeat the step once more until he could see the number of shells that landed face up and counted them.

"Ahh, tis a sign of both good and bad events my dear Duke. A mysterious man with a plan to use the blood diamond whose face I cannot see will be used instead much to his displeasure and this will endanger the town's occupants as well. Ye will need one of these Blood Diamond Amulets to keep from imminent danger. The town will need one as well as dark times approach".

Duke William and Boris where about to get up thinking it was over but that was not the case.

"Gentlemen, I am not done yet please stay seated. It is your turn Boris. I see you enveloped by the darkness, you cannot avoid it and Orta's apparitions are but a sign of things to come. She wants you for her consort and warlord to begin her rule on Novia. You must let her seduce you to the darkness for only when you are there and live it can you find a way to undo it. I hope you keep some semblance of your humanity while at it as that is the risk you must take to save the continent. It seems the gods on both dark and light favor you as their champion yet you must be able to walk that narrow path between Light and Dark."

"Always remember and I will say it again once more for Duke William and three women will determine if you succeed or not. He will help you keep your sanity with his wisdom as the two of you have formed a brotherhood. You both are kindred spirits Boris. Remember the Lady of Light that will come to you, the Lady of Darkness who will seduce you and the Pirate woman who you will meet that will cure your obsession with Orta in the future."

"Gentlemen, we are done and the spirits have spoken, Time to prepare for our trip. Any word from Audacity? Verdantis will be tricky and we need their support as the spirits want them in the group."

"Razulah, Duke William, lets prepare. I shall await the return black seagull from Audacity."

14. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Bouncing eagerly in her chair, Audacity quickly read over the note to make sure she'd included all the relevant details. Details and planning were definitely not her strong suit. Chaos was more her natural state. Estimated arrival time. Check. Notification to expect Obsidian Tempest, Silis, and Jarikith as well as herself. Check. Anticipated route. Check.

"I really should look for some new shoes when we pass by Resolute." She thought to herself. "Oh right, we are banned from Resolute. Who would have thought the blacksmith's wife held that much sway in that town. I mean, it was just one small fire and I am sure her husband's mustache grew right back."

Thinking of fire, she jumped to her feet as she finally remembered where she'd left her stockings.... on the mantle. She whistled as she danced down the hallway towards the stairs then abruptly stopped. With a small laugh at herself, she turned back to finish the note.

All of the important details where there. A bit of mischief twinkled in her eyes as she picked up the pen and added one final line. "Yes, I think that will do it. I'm not sure where he'll find a table for dancing on around a mine, but he is a pirate so I am sure he'll be able to improvise."

She began whistling where she had left off the song earlier as she released the black seagull onto the wind with her note.

Ronni, Bow Vale and Boris Mondragon like this.
  15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Razulah saw the Black Seagull perch on his forearm holding a note. He handed it to Boris immediately and looked at the Captain smile as he read it.

"Captain, from the smile on your face methinks tis from Lady Audacity, am I right?".

"Aye Razulah. Tis from my favorite "healer". He winked at Razulah as he headed towards Duke Serenite.

"Duke William are you coming with me to Verdantis. I have confirmation of Lady Audacity, she and her friends will meet us there. I am ready to begin this quest for the Rubies before Orta continues her unexpected appearances. I wonder what kind of spectacle she will amaze us with next time".

Boris begins to imagine what Audacity would look like if she was the pirate the seashells announced and the image materialized quickly.

[​IMG]

OOC: Credit to the artist Francisco Etchart for his fabulous work.

Audacity likes this.
  16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The hunt for the rubies was easier than Boris thought it would be. Both he and Duke William Serenite used the teleport scrolls to meet Lady Audacity, Legendary Bowlord Jarikith and Lord Silis who awaited them at the entrance of Verdantis. They plowed through the unfortunate Satyrs who tried to prevent them from accessing the mine.

Verdantis Mine looked familiar to Boris as it seemed the same exact layout he had seen in Elysium and since Duke William Serenite had mined here in his earlier days that made this venture not only simple but also very quick to accomplish. 5 special rubies were found and these would be exactly what was needed for the fusion with the special Onyxes and Diamonds.

After the conclusion of the mining event, both Boris and Duke William were invited for a celebratory toast in Rift's End at the Evil Eye Tavern. Boris was impressed at how lively and hospitable Lady Audacity, Legendary Bowlord Jerikith and Lord Silis had been, He would come here often in the future and include Rift's End as one of his favorite ports besides Etceter and Home Port of Serenite.

The next part was a bit blurry as Boris had consumed more than his fair share of rum and awoke on the Serenite Beach face down next to the "Dragon". He opened his eyes to see Razulah picking him up and helping him steady his feet.

"Ahh welcome back Captain, all is well here in Serenite, how about you?, how is Lady Audacity?, did you get the rubies?"

"Razulah, not so fast, I must clear the cobwebs in my brain before we talk, Give me an ale to get over this rum induced stupor."

Boris took the bottle of ale, gulped it down quickly and walked over to the ocean sticking his head in the water for a few seconds. He was much better now and had to find Duke Serenite if he made it back from Rift's End. Hopefully the Duke had not endulged in the festivities as much as he had. The plan for the Blood Diamond had to be put in place immediately. Boris smiled thinking of Lady Audacity yet hoped he had not said nor done anything regrettable once the rum had kicked in.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Jarikith and Audacity like this.
  17. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

**TWO NIGHTS AGO**
    Audacity left the Evil Eye Tavern with a grin. She looked up and saw that dawn was approaching. Walking to the dock with a skip in her step, she boarded a skiff and left Rift's End. When she landed on Novian soil she decided to make a quick jaunt to Brittany. She was in need of some of her favorite stockings and the vendor there would be opening soon.

Lost in thought as she approached the Britanny's, she heard someone rustling among the trees as she passed Brekken Bay.

She heard a groan as she approached the tree line. "Another bandit to dispatch with, I suppose," she whispered to herself. A shadowy figure stumbled past a tree and fell to the ground, slamming into one knee and grunting in pain.

"Magnus!?!" Audacity's eyes widened as she could feel and see electrical energy pulsing from Magnus Zarwaddim's body. In an instant the pulsing stopped as Magnus looked up.

"Audacity," he said as he struggled to form a smile, "what a wonderful pleasure to see you out here." Magnus coughed, struggling to stand. "I fear, my lady, that I need your help."

Audacity reached down and steadied Magnus. "What are you doing out here? Never mind that," she caught herself, thinking to help instead of overwhelming him. "Let us head back to Brekken Bay, there is a nice Inn there where you can rest."

"No," Magnus struggled to say, "please take me back to Serenite. I must speak with Duke William at once."

**THIS MORNING**
    Magnus slowly opened his eyes and tried to focus, but the pain was unbearable. He let out a soft groan.

"Awake at last," said a familiar voice.

"Razulah, is that you?" Magnus had a hard time focusing.

"Unless you know someone else that sounds like me, Arch Magus?" Razulah sounded bemused. "You know, you are not the first person I have had to deal with recently who appeared to have drank too much the night before. Although, I must say, it looks as if you've been asleep for almost two nights."

"Two nights?" Magnus sounded confused. "I can assure you I have not been drinking."

"Of course not," Razulah said incredulously. "And I don't suppose that after your jaunt to the Verdantis Mines you didn't join Boris and Duke William at the Evil Eye Tavern in Rift's End two nights past? The two of them were at least able to get up yesterday."

"Verdantis..." Magnus began to focus his thoughts, "...I missed the trip, Razulah. I never made it to the mines. And I haven't been to Rift's End since my falling out with Daevin Aruth and the Conclave of the Towers of High Sorcery."

Razulah winced, wondering where Magnus had been. "I dare say, you are a strange fellow. I have heard that you occasionally lose your memory and go some periods of time without any recollection of what occurred."

"All too often, as of late," Magnus answered, straightening up in his bed at the Tower of High Sorcery in Serenite. But he could sense mistrust in Razulah. "Razulah, did Boris find a Blood Diamond yet?"

"Why, yes he has. Which is why I came to the Tower today, to ask you some questions about this ritual Duke William spoke about."

Magnus got out of bed, mustered enough energy to dress and looked plainly at Razulah. "We must go downstairs. If my calculations are correct, our best chance of obtaining a key ingredient for the ritual will take place in Maia of 507."

"Why then?" Razulah asked.

"It is the time when the dragon of the Southern Grunvald Barrens will be at his strongest, based upon the alignment of the moons and the Dragon Star. And it will be our best chance at obtaining the dragon heart we need for the ritual."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Audacity and Bow Vale like this.
  18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The time for the amulet ritual was upon all as the night fell and Serenite was bathed in the moonlight. The drums began to sound off from the deck of the "Dragon". There were unique religious drums from the south jungles of Trinsic in the old lands and the first few rhythms made the ship rock gently back and forth as if in a dream state. The rum was passed around as well as the pipes with the secret aromatic herbs. Razulah emerged from the lower deck dressed all in white with a multicolor sash around his waist.

"Please bring Duke William and Captain Mondragon, the amulet ritual will commence followed by the full initiation for Captain Mondragon. Do we have someone to esecor them to us?"

"I will." Marlena the Sirene approached Razulah and winked at him. "I would not miss this for the life of me. This is going to be unique".

She was dressed to kill as usual. An exrremely short white dress slit along the sides to the waist which featured her voluptuous physique and her long black hair which reached the small of her back. With a provocative sway she approached both men who were standing near the ship shirtless and with loose white pants. Duke William had a red sash around his waist and Boris had a blue one. This represented the gods that would favor the men and place their blessings and protection on their talismans.

Marlena placed her arms around the men's arms and led them to the ship. The drums increased their intensity to taunt the gods to appear and manifest themselves.

They followed Razulah to the deep recesses of the ship where a mysterious compartment opened to reveal a large clay cauldron filled with sticks and a large skull. Razulah spoke to the cauldron in a mysterious language "Nsala Malecun, Malecun Nsala. La bendicion the Sambi todo los dias, voy con licencia". Many other words in an even older tongue where uttered and then Razulah brought forth both talismans which held the three jewels encrusted in a silver chain. He asked both men to greet the spirit in the cauldron like he did. All thrtee men blew rum into the cauldron and then were asked to kneel.

Razulah brought out a small dagger from his waist and asked both men to extend their right hand to him. He took their hands and placed them on top of the amulets which were resting in the cauldron. He made a small incision on the men's hands and a small amount of blood flowed over the amulets and into the cauldron as well. The amulets began to glow and suddently all three jewels contained therein turned into a large pulsing red jewel. Now these were Blood Diamonds. He took both men's hand and clasped them together then he spoke. "You are both blood brothers as of this moment though you were blood brothers in a previous existence who now are tasked with the protection of the continent from the dark gods and their lackey Obsidian Cabalists."

Duke William was escorted outside the hold of the ship as his ceremony had ended. He and Boris smiled at each other as they now had something to protect them from what could be a suicidal mission in their future.

Razulah turned to Boris once more and made the other marks that were customary, Blood flowed freely into the Razulah's cauldron and another smaller one that would belong to Boris. The blood pact was completed and Boris was now a new initiate of this secretive dark religion. The ceremony was over and it was time to celebrate a new Tata had been born.

The rum and pipes were passed around as the drums increased their beats to a fever pitch. Marlena grabbed Boris by the hand as she wanted all to see how to dance to this primal music that ran in their blood. She placed her arms around Boris' neck and her legs cradled his right leg. Then they began to sway as two wild animals to the beat. Many of the Serenite spectators were shocked by this somewhat vulgar display of shamelsss girations between a man and a woman. It was a sight to see how a man and a woman could sway their bodies together in unison to this savage beat.

As the music reached its crescendo, Boris picked up Marlena and slung her over his shoulder, He grabbed a bottle of rum and a pipe and headed toward her hidden cave on the Serenite Coast for their own private celebration. Marlena raised her head and blew a kiss to the crowd as the fog set in.

() (Minute 45 to 51 for your listening pleasure to simulate the music in the story).

Audacity likes this.
  19. Duke William of Serenite

William kept hearing the music in his head. He felt this connection to it as if he had heard it before. He sat there for some time in the docks of Serenite with his pant legs rolled up with his feet dipped in the water thinking about all that transpired. The glow of the blood diamond lit up the sea with a red glow at night.

Magnus came up to William and asked, "Sire, I wanted to ask Boris a question about the amulets for our library."

William replied "I believe he left with the girl to have some fun, last I saw he was headed past the kobolds to the cave. Lets go see if we can find him."

William and Magnus arrived at the cave to find an empty bottle of rum and a pool of blood... "He's gone." William said.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Ronni, Bow Vale and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.