Land Travels - Part 3 - The Pirate and The Duke

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The drums awoke Boris and the beat had him disoriented much to the amusement of Marlena the SIrene. Almost two days had passed in the Hidden Cove yet tonight a strange dream troubled him.

He opened his eyes wide and saw his body covered with molasses while Marlena grinned at him from the corner of the cove inlet.

"I must get you prepared for the Sea Goddess, she will visit us tonight"

She handed him the teleport scroll and told him to think of Razulah then use it. Both did at once and within seconds they were aboard the "Dragon". The majestic Man-O-War was docked in Serenite and a crowd had gathered due to the beat of the drums which had an intoxicating effect.

Marlena led Boris to this stateroom where Razulah awaited.

"Captain, this is beyond my control, put on these clothes and follow Marlena's lead. She will guide the ceremony until the end. I am concerned for this display of Primal Magic due to others here in town that forbid it.

*Razulah, this is stronger than their or anyone else's wishes. I had the dream of a turtle in my path and maybe this is a signal of things to come. If they get upset they will get over it or throw us out but we go with it ".

The drums were reaching a fever pitch and a mysterious dark complected woman danced to the beats on deck. It was this woman who motioned for Boris to come to her and he did without hesitation. She gyrated her hips to the beat as she circled him chanting to the Sea Goddess. He had seen this before as the way of the dancer and drums to lure the old gods to manifest themselves. The woman placed her hands on his head calling over and over "Yemaya". Suddenly Boris felt as he was being sucked into a vaccum while his own body gyrated in rhythm with the woman and both held their arms up towards the night sky.

Suddenly the woman started dancing in circles and speaking in an ancient tongue. This possessed woman now spoke to Boris slowly in that ancient tongue yet at this moment Boris understood her message though he could not stop his body moving rhythmically to the savage beat.

"Boris, you are the pirate king promised to this land. You and the man with the crown as blood brothers must seek the isle of the Turtle. There you will find the one that will decipher the Obsidian plans. The entire continent depends on the two of you and others you will find along the way. You have my blessing yet I cannot leave until I bless the man with the crown".

Boris called Marlena over and told her to go find William Serenite quickly yet the words were slow to come from him as he was fully under the spell of the Sea Goddess. He looked bewildered as Razulah gave the possessed woman a bottle of rum and a lit cigar. The possessed woman drank heavily from the rum bottle spraying the rum all over Boris then blew the cigar smoke at him. This was the final assault on Boris' psyche as he dropped to his knees while his body thrashed to the beats of the drum. All suddenly went black as his consciousness faded.

OOC; (Credits to Joaquin "Joe" Claussell whose song "Love Drum" inspired this thread)

Diminio, Audacity, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

William was at the castle as Marlena approached the guards at the ramparts. Williams castle guards are the rudest beings in Novia normally. Yet they melt like butter at the sight of Marlena. She waltzes into the castle with her seductive gait and tells the guard "William is expecting me." The guard smiles and opens the portcullis. Marlena enters and notices William standing in the courtyard. "Ohh there he is!" William hears a soft voice as he is cleaning up his rose beds. "Why does a Duke toil with farming?" says Marlena. "It helps me focus, it stills my mind." said William. Boris needs you at the docks, he had another vision from the Sea Goddess. Prepare for a voyage it seems.

William and his Kings Guard gather a few items before heading to the Dragon. As he approaches the Dragon, Magnus makes his way to the docks. Magnus countenance has changed since the last battle with the Obsidians. His hair looks grey and well Magnus' looks much older. William asks Magnus. "What in the Titans happened to you Magnus? Do you think we won the last battle here William? Magnus looks deeply into William eyes... You know I had to use the scrolls...William failed to respond, he knows all to well the pressure Magnus is under. Magnus winced in agony.

The life of an Arch Magus is nothing to covet. They carry the burden of knowing the dark magics of the Obsidians but they also pay the prices that comes with this knowledge. Obsidian Magic is like alchemy, what you put into it is what you get out of it. Magnus bows his head and walks back to the tower.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Razulah saw Duke William approaching the ship and the look of bewilderment on his face. Though the Duke was familiar with different types of magic he was not familiar with this manifestation of primal magic and possession by one of the many deities that controlled how humans were allowed to use it. He ran over to Boris and used the old technique to get his mind back in this realm of the living. He used a large blue and white handkerchief which represented the Sea Goddess' color and circled Boris' head three times with it calling his name out loud. Finally, Boris came back to conciousness yet looked completely exhausted.

While this was going on the possessed woman continued her dance in circles and approached the Duke. At first, the Duke's guard got in her way protecting him yet Duke William waved for them to move out of her way and let her approach him. She moved up close to him placing her hands on his shoulder and whispered to him:

"You know who I am, you wear the same amulet as Boris and are both kindred spirits. Both of you were picked to defend this continent from the dark ones. This battle has been waged for centuries and will continue on until eternity. You both must restore the balance or all will perish. Look to the Island of the Turtle and there ye will find a woman who will aid both of you decipher those papers you have".

The woman suddenly collapsed on the deck of the ship and opened her eyes up startled. She looked at the gathering and spoke "What happened here, all turned to black after I saw the Captain. It must have been the drums".

Razulah led both Boris and Duke William to the Captain's quarters and brought out a map. "Gentlemen, the Sea Goddess talks about the island of the Turtle. I have heard of a mysterious island not on the map called "Tortuga" which means Turtle in one of the old tongues. We must set sail toward Blood Bay as I have talked to a man there who spoke of seeing this mysterious island appear only when the stars are lined up properly."

Boris finally had his senses come back to him and spoke "William, is there anyone else that you want to come with us?"

4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris listened to William as the final preparations were made for the "Dragon" to sail onwards to its mysterious rendezvous with fate and an unknown island.

"Boris tis just I and my bodyguard that will accompany you on this perilous trip, the others are busy making repairs from our last siege".

Boris nodded and turned to Razulah.

"Has Marak been fed?, he will lead the way and we follow to wherever he takes us under the guidance of the Sea Goddess".

"Aye, Boris he was fed and our cauldrons have been fed with the blood of the sacrificial bull Marak feasted on. The seashells speak of a favorable omen though with much peril attached to it".

"Fair enough Razulah, untie the mooring ropes and we are under way".

The Blue dragon Marak circled once and headed due North. The "Dragon" and its crew followed towards an unknown destination. The Obsidian maps and plans safely stored for further use.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  5. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

How far is one willing to go to find their destiny? If one travels past the red beaches of Blood Bay and continues towards a cluster of stars, one might find it on a tiny island where pirates are drawn from the far reaches of the oceans. It is there where the inhabitants have found themselves, dreaming and waiting. The island, where the ship the Dragon has been summoned, is almost impossible to find as it is hidden by mystic powers not understood by any soul alive. There are rumors that some live there and when you look at them, you can see the heavens in their milky eyes. Others say they are the spirits of cursed pirates. Only those sailing on the Dragon will discover the truth...

Jewels Black, a charmed woman, watches the tide lazily set out to sea, exposing the glittering seashells in the golden hour of sunset. She thought about her journey to this Island. Tortuga, her home. She remembers sitting in a cell in the belly of a pirate ship. The captain of that ship was her father. The devil's own son, she sweared. She was born to a young woman, who had been taken by this pirate and forced to bear his child. At the age of 14, her father returned and murdered her mother then took Jewels hostage to be used to fetch treasure in small spaces. As a hostage on the ship, she learned much of the ways of pirates and her heart grew hard over the years. One evening, another prisoner joined her in the cells. A woman so exotic, she must have come from another world. Her hair was short and her black eyes were like an abyss. She didn't speak to anyone, just sat their with a blank stare and a smirk.

Not a week later it seemed, they heard a commotion above. Men were shouting and running across the deck and swords could be heard clanging. It went on for what seemed forever as Jewels prayed to the heavens that this would be the day of her release. Then the sounds of battle died down and someone descended the steps. His name was Zhoc. He looked like a pirate, and she feared she would be taken from one hell and placed into another. Instead, the man opened her cell and reached out his hand saying that she was free. He opened the cell of the exotic woman as well and they went up top.

The deck was littered with bodies and Zhoc's companion, Dread Pirate, held the captain in chains. Her father. This was her moment to rid the world of this evil, but something inside her knew that the God's would finish him themselves. She drew out the plank, and he walked.

Later that evening, she found herself on the beaches of Tortuga, not far from where she now sat. But that was long ago...

She turned around and looked at the others who have also come to this island. They too watched the ocean. Waiting for something. Each of them have their own story to tell of how they came to Tortuga. It was as if the God's had willed it....

Satah came from the lands of Ardoris. Her father was a fishermen and was betrayed by those around him. She traveled far north from Ardoris but found herself starving on a beach with no direction. When all hope seemed to be lost, she stole a small boat and headed out to sea to let the God's do as they wished with her. She drifted off to sleep and awoke to the soft sound of sand scraping under her boat. Then it stopped and titled slightly. She sat up and saw Jewels running towards her. Since then, Satah has been living in an apartment. She awaits the return of pirates that are told will arrive, and now she stands on the beach with the others, as that day has come.

Binney Cutberga washed ashore and has no recollection of how she came to be there. Jewels took her in to tend to the garden, and while digging around to plant palms, Binney stumbled upon a treasure chest. With her newfound riches she opened the Rosegarden Eatery and Pub.

John Rackham was another who washed ashore after his ship sank. He doesn't talk much of his past and now resides in a flat at Jewels Black’s apartment building. He is a gruff, snarly pirate and is often found at the Skullduggery Inn, drinking and contemplating as he watches the others. Contemplating what, noone knows, but Satah believes he is up to no good and in time they may find out just how devious he really is.

N’ton, a quiet and illusive pirate spends many hours perched on the roofs of the town with his crossbow, looking out to sea with his sharp eyes and thinking of revenge.

Zhoc, the governor and first inhabitant of Tortuga, washed ashore as a young lad after his parents died on their boat. Alone, he lived off the land until he was discovered by Bartholomew Roberts who helped him build the town. Bartholomew has banded these misfits together and is now the leader of the Dread Pirate guild. His ship is now his home. It sits on the beach and he spends his time building it into a grand ship. His small boat is used to patrol the island, looking for and fending off invaders.

Another to join the inhabitants of Tortuga is Dread Pirate, a handsome rich pirate, who runs a black-market shop in Novia Market. He can often be seen visiting Jewels Black as they spend many hours together at the Rosegarden Eatery and Pub, dancing and romancing. It is rumored that Dread Pirate deals with Miss Gold, the exotic woman who was held captive with Jewels.

Miss Gold seems to be from another land, and not much is known about her. She lives in her home on the beach and talks of visions and dreams. She can sometimes be seen in various places on the island where she claims are key locations to receive her visions.

Jewels looks at Miss Gold in the light of the setting sun. It is because of her visions that they are on the beach this night...it is because of her that their lives are about to change forever and somehow Jewels is the key to all of it...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Two days they had sailed due North from Serenite following Marak's lead until the passage just north of the Sirenes. Marak veered left and set a new course for the ship to follow on a west then southwest course. On the third morning from the day the ship set sail a heavy fog set in followed by what sounded like cannonfire. Boris knew something was not right as Marak landed back on the ship agitated. Two arrows had pierced his left wing and he was obviously in pain.

"Razulah, come quickly we must inspect Marak, he has been injured". Both men ran over to the blue dragon since it was only Boris and Razulah that the beast trusted and Razulah inspected the wounds after extracting the two arrows.

"Captain, they are not poisoned and he will be fine yet he should rest. I have applied the coconut paste and it should suffice".

Boris held the blue dragon's snout and looked at him "My friend, it is time for you to rest and heal, you have brought us this far now I am sure we can follow the sounds of those cannons to our destination". Marak closed his eyes and laid down in that special spot they had built on the ship for him.

Boris turned back to his crew with a look of determination. "Battle stations to all, we follow the sound of the cannonfire. I am sure our help is needed".

Two hours later the fog began to lift and showed a small island north of Rift's End, a place Boris was familiar with and where he had friends. The outline of a ship from a distance was also seen by One Eyed Jack who called out from the Crow's Nest. "Sails, Captain".

Jack also made a fist with his hand and that was the signal for an Obsidian Warship whose silver sails were inprinted with a black fist.

"Razulah, they have not seen us yet as they are focused on a continued cannon attack on that island. If we move in quickly we can sink them before they notice us. Let's follow the outer skirt of the fog until we are close."

Like a predatory cat, the "Dragon" used the fog for cover and sailed closer and closer to the Obsidian Warship until they were in range.

"Fire at will, Lets sink this one quickly and find out what is on that island that they were so intent on attacking".

The battle was over quickly as the unsuspecting Obsidian Warship was hit 3 times on its starboard side quickly catching fire and sinking.

"Men, get any survivors out of the water and save them for questioning in the lowest hold. Ready the boat, I am taking Razulah on shore with me".

Four survivors were taken to the main mast and chained there for later questioning. There was much commotion on the island as some of its occumpants were putting out a few fires yet stopped to look as the boat made its way onto the sandy beach. Boris and Razulah looked at the occupants that were running towards them with a distrusting eye. Both readied their weapons just in case.

7. Duke William of Serenite

William has only been a few times out at sea. He is feeling a little seasick. The waves of the deep sea didn't sit well with his stomach.

He keels over the side of the boat and starts throwing up right as the boats started firing on the obsidian ships.

He could only smell the cannon fire and just wanted to get to shore already. The Captain looks at him and laughs, he grins and yells "FIRE!" as another round of cannon balls hit the obsidian ships.

As the ship neared shore and the boat stopped rocking, William took foot and made it off the ship. On the shore were some survivors heading towards the group.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Boris Mondragon and Time Lord like this.
  8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Duke William, Boris and the small retinue that accompanied were surrounded by a dozen swordsmen with another dozen archers behind them. The voice of a woman was heard from behind that "welcoming" group.

"You dared fire on our island unprovoked. You will be held captive until Miss Gold determines your fate".

Duke William instinctively gripped his sword yet Boris put his hand on his motioning to avoid the skirmish. Boris looked toward his ship and held a fist up high in the air. The "Dragon" portholes opened ready for one more signal. This time Boris held up 4 fingers high up in the air and one more signal would unleash the destruction of this island..

Boris cleared his throat and looked toward the female voice. "Look at the shoreline and you will see who opened fire upon your island and who ended it. Look at the remains of that ship and the emblem on her sails. You have 4 hours for either me to give a signal to my ship to set this island on flames or to find a solution to this impasse.".

The female voice that had spoken stepped through the poised archers and the swordsmen toward Boris and Duke William.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

N’ton sat in a chair in a dank stone room beneath the home of Miss Gold. It's more like a dungeon than a treasure trove, he thought. He waited, watching the slow turning of the globe sitting among her treasure. It glistened with magic as the glowing lines circled, connecting the constellations of the virtues. Miss Gold was in the other room gathering today’s deposit of gold. The coins plunked as she stacked them on her desk. The room was humid and warm, he wiped the moisture off his face and sighed. The plunking stopped. She walked out of the room and looked at him. Her eyes were as black as oblivion, her vacant stare was something of a nightmare. He was used to seeing this, but today she seemed to loom and stare down at him. The room darkened and her expression began to change. The corners of her mouth frowned and something washed over her face, as if a surge of magic rippled from her eyes and surged throughout her body. Her muscles tightened and her skin grew pale. The room began to shake and rumble. She reached out a hand toward him. He jumped up and tumbled backwards onto the ground. Fear held him there, cold and paralyzing. He breathed panicked hot breathes and clutched his chest. Fire poured from her eyes and encircled him, he curled up into a ball trying to shield himself from the flames........but there was no heat and no pain. Then there was no sound.

He opened his eyes and saw that they were on the beach. The pirates of Tortuga were there, staring out at the ocean. Their eyes were lit with flame. Suddenly he was standing with them. He felt the magic of the flames in his eyes as he stared out at the water. Time sped up. The sky grew dark, and the sun turned red. Red as blood. A black fog surrounded the island, and fire streaked across the sky, setting the palms ablaze. Tortuga was on fire, and ships with silver sails could be seen peeking through the black fog. He then heard a low growl coming from the fog, then a deafening roar.

N’ton startled awake. His body shook so hard he nearly fell off the ledge of the lighthouse. His nightmares were becoming more frequent, and he remembered the other pirates complaints of such dreams. He looked out, his heart was still beating hard. He could still see Miss Gold’s eyes as they burned through him. Then he noticed the smell of smoke. He looked out to sea and saw the remnants of the destroyed ships, burning and sinking. How could I have not heard the cannons?! He was in shock. He quickly climbed down from the lighthouse and ran to find out what had happened.

(Back at the beach)

Jewels Black walked towards the strangers and eyed them. She motioned for the other pirates to lower their weapons.

"If what you say is true, then we are in your debt."

Boris lowered his fist and Duke William sheathed his sword. Duke William spoke up.

"We are here on a mission, this is the Island of the Turtle is it not?"

Jewels' eyes lit up. Could these be the ones that Miss Gold had seen in her visions? She wondered.

"This is Tortuga, and our home." She analyzed them before continuing.

"It seems you are the ones that she foretold would find us"

Jewels turned around and Miss Gold stepped forward. Her eyes were wide, and she had a peculiar smile on her face. She looked at Jewels then back at the visitors.

"Come gentlemen, come Jewels Black, it is time." Miss Gold said in a shrill voice that was inhuman.

Jewels was startled. She had never seen Miss Gold in such a state, but she motioned for them to follow her.

They descended into the depths of Miss Gold's lair. They followed her though a corridor that opened into a wretched foul room. Devices of torture and the bones of dead men and women littered the floors. Boris looked at Duke William as Miss Gold sat in her throne. It was large and made with what looked like the bones of some sort of small dragon, the tail curled around in front of her feet. The men were sickened by this. She looked at them, noticing their repulsive glares. She knew why but chose to ignore it. She then looked over at Jewels.

"Let's begin"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  10. Duke William of Serenite

William can keep his cool under uncomfortable circumstances. This place and strange folk are testing his limits. As he looked upon Ms. Gold and her ensemble his mind totally drew a blank. William is still a tad under the weather from the seasickness he had on the Dragon. Then he suddenly remembered and motioned toward Boris.

Boris could you hand me those plans. *Boris reaches into his backpack and hands them to William*

I apologize for us meeting under such unorthodox circumstances. I assure you that our travels here are simply for information and out of dire necessity. If you can help us we would gladly help you with coin and or favors.

I am William the Duke of Serenite and this is Captain Mondragon and his crew. My city was recently besieged by an Obsidian fleet. During the siege we captured a ship and were able to retrieve these documents. We were hoping you may able to decipher what is on here.

*William holds up a parchment with some strange looking writing as he moves it towards Ms. Gold. His hands have a slight tremble.*

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris looked back and forth between William speaking to Miss Gold and the lady's cold calculating stare. He saw most of those gathered here were overwhelmed by the throne and scattered bones yet this did not affect him. If only she knew of the dark primal magic rituals and the many animal blood sacrifices to appease the dark entities in both his and the other cauldron that belonged to Razulah. Ahh the dark gods and their power, Zarabanda, Centella, Siete Rayos. What secrets and power they bestowed to their followers. He saw Razulah look at him with that familiar smile. They where right at home here amongst the dead and the magic held within this place.

He also remembered how close this came to an abrupt end had it not been for the woman that bode her warriors to lower their weapons. His reaction towards the ship was immediate. An open palm followed by a circular motion which led to the ship to close the cannon portholes suddenly and a return signal from the crow's nest. He also remembered what he saw just before they followed the locals and the mysterious woman into the cave. The dark caramel colored, white hair woman with white hair and purple attire running away from the crowd along the shoreline. The voice inside his head told him that woman would play a role in this mystery about to be revealed.

He leaned over to William to steady him a bit with a quiet whisper "Easy brother, we are safe here, the dead are amongst us and favor this meeting".

He then turned back toward the woman with a look of someone who had been here and seen this woman before.

"Let us begin milady, time is of the essence"

He felt the sound of drums within his head, Those drums told a story.

12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Miss Gold was leading the way when something stopped the entire group in its tracks. It was a presence and Boris felt it first along with Razulah. Both men looked at each other and smiled.

"The Mother calls us* Only Razulah knew those words Boris just uttered in reference to the Sea Goddess.

Boris looked at the group and motioned for them to follow him. He had stepped behind a curtain and changed attire to a less formal white pants and light blue bandanna. He was bare-chested and had a simle necklace of alternating white and blue beads, colors that represented the Sea Goddess. He held out his hand for Miss Gold and gave her a light blue bandanna with a smile.

"Come milady, she threw us together her according to her plans and beckons us".

As the group stepped outside they could see Boris' ship had docked and several of the crewmembers had brought their drums with them. They knew what was asked and began to play the deep entrancing beats that would "Pull" the lady of the sea to take over one of these gathered.

Razulah had reached the edge of the water first and began his incantations. He poured rum and molasses on the shore as an offering. The drums seemed on fire as their rhythmic pattern grew deeper and deeper. Boris noticed William was in shock at all the commotion and walked up to him pulling him towards the water. "We are blood brothers and she wants to bless you as well, come with me and feel her power".

He handed William over to Razulah who took a deep swig of rum and sprayed him with it. Now Razulah poured the molasses on him as well and took him in waist deep into the water. Boris took Miss Gold by the hand and led her into the water as well.

The moonlight was bright and a few feet ahead of the group of four an apparition slowly took material form in front of them. Now a woman of long jet black hair and blue eyes manifested herself. She had a smile on her face and stepped forward first laying her hands on Razulah and Boris. "Razulah, I chose well to have you guide my favorite son, do keep an eye on him and his mischievous ways".

"What do we have here, a man who also has the Talisman yet fears my kingdom?". She stepped forward and put both arms on William's shoulders. You were chosen as part of this alliance, so long as you are with Boris ye will be safe on the water".

She then moved over to Miss Gold. "Ye knows of the primal magic and tis the reason I have brought Boris to you. Today marks a day in which the alliance of three is formed with my blessing. Ye three will find the path that leads you to the heart of this Obsidian Threat that must be stopped. Stay together and you will succeed. She llaid her hands on Miss Gold's head and looked in her eyes. "Do nay betray Boris for his heart is pure".

The Sea Goddess moved over to Boris and pulled him up to her in an embrace. "You know why you are here from the old lands, what you see here is what must be. An alliance that will grow and grow before your eyes. I know you wanted to do it by yourself but you will face enemies that will require help from others to overcome. I will always help where and when I can but now it must be your combined wits that will place the enemy in check. The Novian continent has had enough turmoil and this must stop.
    Tonight , celebrate the alliance and rejoice in my blessing."

She motioned over to Razulah who gave her the bottle of rum. She winked at him as she drew a deep swig of rum and sprayed all those present even those on shore were bathed in rum. With that same smile she vanished with the same ease as she had appeared. Indeed it was time to begin.

13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The sound of the drums kept beating all night and the celebration continued until the first of the sun's rays adorned the horizon. Boris had snuck away from the group as he had much to think about. He had plans in his mind and formulated how this new alliance would work well. His thoughts raced. Tortuga had to be partially rebuilt and equipped with its unique defense system to thwart future obsidian sea based attacks. Serenite had the knowledge and had just endured its own attack. He realized that this alliance had its own challenges and would have to separate to pursue its own objectives in order to strike the obsidians as a joint force.

He had also seen the outlines of three ships within eyeglass distance and knew the enemy was poised for another attack so he motioned Ms. Gold and William over away from the crowd.

'William, help Miss Gold rebuild Tortuga and set up a cannon system for island defense. Prepare your armies and help Miss Gold assemble hers for we will strike at the enemy soon. I think we have visitors hours from shore and I must engage them to buy us all time. Miss Gold, prepare your men in case any of those ships out there get past me as I will try to have them follow me into a trap. We will meet again in the future when the time is right and your armies are prepared. For now, I need to find where this obsidian navy is nested".

Boris bid farewell to both and made hand signals to the ship. By the time he stepped on board the mooring ropes had been retrieved and the "Dragon" headed straight towards the 4 obsidian ships lurking a few miles off shore. The four bulky obsidian galleons thought Boris would try to escape and where not prepared for a full frontal assault. As the obsidian ships prepared to give chase, Boris had his helmsman do a quick starboard turn and open fire on the opposing ships. Two Obsidian ships on fire and two remaining. The choice had been made and the "Dragon" headed straight for the two remaining ships. The helmsman looked again at Boris for maneuvers yet there where none given. Boris was heading his ship directly between both obsidian galleons. He gave the orders for the cannons to be at the ready and all mayhem broke loose.

The "Dragon" opened fire from both port and starboard cannons simultaneously and hit both obsidian ships yet they also fired their cannons and the silhouette of three burning ships was visible from shore. One more ship appeared from the shadows and two survivors from the sinking "Dragon" had been brought aboard. Both Boris and Razulah lay unconscious on the deck of an Obsidian Flagship. A large hooded man came forward and grabbed Boris by his hair pulling him up to him.

"Whatever ideas you had of freeing this land from our rule is over. I will take you both back to my leader dead or alive." Both men were chained in the ship's hold and it was doubtful either would survive what was ahead yet Boris had bought both Tortuga and Serenite time to rebuild, prepare and hopefully defeat this evil scourge.

The obsidian cabalist shut the hatch to the compartment and two bloodied men looked at each other with a smirk on their faces. "Razulah follow my lead on this one. Marak is following this ship and will let the others know where to find us or bury us."

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  14. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Sudden lights blinded both Boris and Razulah as the hatch to their holding cell opened. Boris glanced at Razulah briefly and both men looked at the woman stepping down the stairs followed by the hooded cabalist. It was Orta again and Boris knew this could be a volatile meeting.

"Well what do we have here, the intrepid pirate and his sidekick. I guess you were not match for Temma were you Boris?"

He words were sharp and meant to demoralize Boris who just laughed at both Orta and her Cabalist partner.

"Ahh my dear Orta are you going to lure me again with promises of unknown pleasures and power. Neither you nor that coward next to you with the hood can offer either."

Orta approached Boris and leaned her body up against his gyrating in a sensual way to lure him yet ye just laughed at her again which provoked a quick slap from her. She raked one of her fingernails along his cheek where she slapped him drawing a thin line of blood. She then took some of the blood with her finger and licked it going into a frenzy.. Her body convulsed as if in a trance. Temma approached Orta moving the woman to the side where she was held by two men with two handed hammers.

"I must investigate the powers of the man's blood myself" Temma walked up to Boris who interrupted his thoughts.

"I hate to disappoint you but I am not of your persuasion, if you want my blood why don't we hava a duel, if you win you can bleed me and if not I will bleed you here or do you lack the courage for it".

Temma was enraged by those words which Boris said intentionally. He ordered swords brought and had Boris unshackled. Both men faced each other with sharp messiers.

Boris felt the weight of the swords and swung both at Razulah who held his chains in front of thim. The chains fell off him then Boris swung at the henchman closest to Razulah decapitating the man who dropped his hammer where Razulah could reach it.

"I think we can begin now coward. Maybe you get lucky and maybe I end your worthless existence" Boris looked at the cabalist who lunged at him. He knew an enraged swordsman would not focus due to anger and Boris stepped aside of the blades smacking Temma on the back of the head with the hilt of his sword and laughing at him. Razulah had dispatched the other henchman holding Orta and was holding her by the neck.

Again Temma lungted at Boris as this game of cat and mouse continued. Temma realized he was facing an adversary who was toying with him and far more than he expected. His next lunge was his last one. As his swing missed Boris' head, the pirate swung both swords from the outside inward and removed the Cabalist's head from his body. The body laid there convulsing as it bled out.

Boris approached Orta and grabbed her by the hair. "Can you swim *****". You are coming with us this time and either swim or drown. We are close to the shore.

Boris grabbed Temma's head and pushed the hatch open leading to the ship's deck. Several bandits came forward and Boris threw the head of their leader on the ground in front of them which stopped them in their tracks.

"Take this back to wherever you came from and let them know the same fate awaits the rest of them" He looked at Razulah and holding Orta by the hair all three dove into the water heading towards shore. It was past midnight and the moon provided enough light as all three reached the shore. They would rest until the first rays of sunlight and head east along the shore towards Tortuga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.