Land Travels - Part 5, From the Beyond

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

All of us were so tired. The battle had taken our strength from us. We also had watched some of our own mates die and watching that even tho we knew our goal and our purpose it at the same time made our hearts heavy. We knew that they had been valiant in the battle and their families would be proud that their lives given meant to so many others would live. It meant that they would grow crops in green lands without the blackness of the evilness covering Novia as it had been in the past. Each man that gave his life would live on in his children and their children. This was important.

I dreamed about each man in Dragomir who had come forward eagerly to be willing to fight to his death. My mind looked at the grieving faces of the wives and children left to live without the husband and father. I vow today that no matter the cost I would see to it that each had a way to earn keep and feed the family. NO one would starve or be without a job. They sacrificed all so that we all would be safe and laugh into the future.

"What!?" "What?" "what did you say? My faithful old guard was standing next to me trying to wake me. His face was filled with concern as he spoke. "My Lady" the mysterious girl below in the hold must have something wrong. She is asleep but is speaking and turning and tossing about. I can not wake her. Please come!
    I jumped from my bed and ran after him into the hold. Rentier was indeed tossing about but just as I entered near she lay back and seemed to have accomplished a task while asleep. I told my guard "do not leave the room but stay even closer until we know she is ok. Come and let me know within this next hour how she is doing." I am going to check on the rest of my crew for I know I am solidly awake now so there is no use to trying to go back to sleep. We will be in Serenity soon. We will know then the fate of the residents and of Duke William. We also will know if we will engage in an even fiercer battle than we just completed.

"ALL MEN". Come to the deck! Make sure you have eaten and are dressed again for another possible battle in Serenite. We may be celebrating his last battle with the Obsidian Cabalist and watching as the captured Cabalist have knives driven through each evil heart. We may, however, be entering into an even greater battle than before.

READY YOURSELVES!"

Boris Mondragon and Rentier like this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris looked at his body from below and thought he had died and was enroute to Assana in the spirit realm. His spirit soared through a tunnel of light and then stopped suddenly. There she was with her arms open and that seductive smile on her lips. This goddess stirred every fiber in his soul and she moved closer and closer to him. Their lips brushed briefly then she spoke in that melodic sensual tune of hers.

"Boris, it is still not time for us to join as there is still much work to do, just look below".

Boris again could see his body surrounded by several people. He could see William talking to him as if he could coax him to return from the other world, Lady Catherine was there also behind him holding his head as tears flowed freely from her eyes. Rentier looked on perplexed though her eyes told him she knew he would return somehow. Boris looked at Assanna and was fighting the urge to stay with her yet it was obvious he had unfinished business.

"I must return if possible, I sense even greater danger awaits us."

"Yw will return and with a gift from me though there is a price to pay. Ye will have the power to speak to the spirits and see them yet one of your eyes will not be quite so keen as before. Look Boris, see yourself in front of the mirror of the spirits."

He looked at himself and his jet black hair now had streaks of silver, one eye had a milky white fog. He really did not care much about his appearance at this point as he was more concerned in returning.

Assana whispered to him again holding him close to her. "Remember in between Light and Dark walks Boris Mondragon. Look at the mirror again and see the hidden continent that will soon be revealed in which the Obsidians rebuild their armies and navies. Ye must find this place and thwart their plans or a bigger calamity will be unleashed upon Novia. Look at how many more new spirits have taken human form in Novia. Ye will build your army from those new ones and teach them the way."

She gave him a deep lovers' kiss then clapped her hands together. Boris felt the pain of his injured side as his eyes opened. Those around him were bewildered . William grabbed him with a smile on his face.

"Brother you got to be more careful, I have lost count of how many times you have cheated death and you must be running out of lives at this point".

Catherine smiled at him as did Rentier . "I knew you were coming back, there is unfinished business in Novia".

Boris got up slowly and gingerly walked over to the remains of Indigno. "Wiliam is their ship still in the harbor?" Wiliam nodded to him. "Indigno's crew is secured and we were going to execute them one at a time".

"No need for that, I want to sent a message. Razulah, take his head and carcass and lead me to their ship".

Boris grabbed Indigno's head and the group headed over to the Obsidian ship. The Cabalist crew looked on with horror as Boris walked onto their deck followed by his friends.

"Take this garbage back with you and let your masters know we are coming for them. They do not need to bother this continent any longer as we will bring the fight to you"

Boris dropped Indigno's head in front of him and with his sword carved a big "M" on his forehead .

"William, let this scum leave on this floating heap of trash back to where they came from".

They looked on as the Obsidian ship left Serenite dock just as the moon was visible over the water.

Boris looked to his friends and with much effort raised his swords in the air.

"We have work to do so lets get started."

Vrunk Hrrk, CatherineRose and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.