Larger Hex Size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by treehoofer, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehoofer

treehoofer Avatar

Can a scene be as big as, say, a zone in World of Warcraft or bigger? Is a zone that is as large as taxing on the client/server as a scene like Owl's Head with lots of items and players? I don't know anything about it. I ask because one my favorite things about UO was going to Ilshenar. You couldn't use fast travel so you had to pack up all the things you needed and have an idea in mind of what you were going to do. It was like a day trip. With these scenes in Shroud I don't see that happening. I can be at the end of a scene in 5 minutes or less. Please tell me there is hope for a giant scene.

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

It would be nice indeed if they were a lot bigger to get lost in, hunting areas we have currently are quite small :(

Lord Baldrith, Tahru and treehoofer like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Right now I think they're being rather conversative with scene sizes as they haven't done a lot of optomizing yet. Once they do they might be able to make larger scenes. There are also other design considerations they may be prioritizing. Larger scenes become exponentially more time consuming to make with all the detailed work that goes into them. So it could very well be a scheduling/budget issue as well. Plus there's going to be an optimal size in terms of how much you can really get out of a scene.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I would love them to be much bigger. Most seem too small.

Lord Baldrith and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.