Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Launcher not applying patches and downloads all the time

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Sierra, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierra

Sierra Avatar

This is really annoying that there is not option to stop this patching. I have a 1k connection and am still not able to play becuase first it downloaded 6GB of 0 > 402 then it could not apply patch and downloaded 6GB of 0 > 404... it stalled due to a drive issue and today downloading 0 > 407 (yeah it is at 1% again!)... I have around 14 GB of data laying wasted in my directories. :mad:
    GUYS, I want to be able to actually play the game not constantly download content!!! I know the connection is bad but there is even no visible download link for a current offline installation anywhere, so I cannot even download a recent version and then hope that a patch is applied. With the constant updating with this damn launcher I am at downloading all day and night until you do not publish a patch anymore!
    :(

EDIT: Removed irrelevant part of log messages

Relevant part of problem:

XDelta command failed! Process unable to start! ['N:\installed\SotA/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/xdelta3.exe -f -d -s "N:/installed/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar.exe.original" "PatcherTMP/408/Shroud of the Avatar.exe" "N:/installed/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar.exe"'] [Dir=N:\installed\SotA]

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Net likes this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I had some issues with failed patches lately not sure if it is related but patcher then starts patching from scratch and usually fails again so I have to delete the game and download it again.

3. Sierra

Sierra Avatar

Yes, as far as I can see the apply failures cannot be blamed on the client. But the deletion and re-downloading ist definitly. There should be a choice if you just want to re-try or download the whole thing again on failure.

There is however a very easy way around if you pay attention: The launcher creates a status file that bears the number of the patch to be applied in the rrot directory of the application. After a failure the file remains and this seems to be the trigger for the app to delete and download. If you delete the fiel before you restart the launcher (or click retry) it will try again to apply the patch without downloading!
    In my case I have a AV application that seems to hinder a dll process to modify files. Turning it temporarily off and retrying solved the problem with patching.

4. Net

Net Avatar

I do nto know what happens it happes when applying patch. Most other games have option ot verify or repair file integrity that fixes these issues quickly without downloading the whole thing again.

KrisWald likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.